Calling landline: I can hear the person I call but she can't hear

Seeking

Calling landline: I can hear the person I call but she can't hear
When I call a landline telephone using yahoo messenger, I can hear the person
I call, but when I talk, she can't hear me. I have tried with different
microphones, I have the same problem.

When I tested the microphone on yahoo voice chat, the mouthpiece works (that
is, when I talk, the buttons light up). I also have no problem listening to
music.

I think that it is not a hardware problem. I suspect that I may need some
special device drivers for Vista. I have Vista home basic.

I have the latest yahoo msn.

Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.
Seeking
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Calling landline: I can hear the person I call but she can't hear
Have you sought help from Yahoo? This newsgroup is for questions about the
operating system.

"Seeking" <Seeking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I call a landline telephone using yahoo messenger, I can hear the
> person
> I call, but when I talk, she can't hear me. I have tried with different
> microphones, I have the same problem.
>
> When I tested the microphone on yahoo voice chat, the mouthpiece works
> (that
> is, when I talk, the buttons light up). I also have no problem listening
> music.
>
> I think that it is not a hardware problem. I suspect that I may need some
> special device drivers for Vista. I have Vista home basic.
>
> I have the latest yahoo msn.
>
> Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.
> Seeking

Bob W

Re: Calling landline: I can hear the person I call but she can't hear
Well, even though this might not be the right place for it, you can test your system easily enough. Just download Skype and/or Windows Live Messenger and call someone. Computer to computer is free as are the downloads. To call computer to phone, you'd need to buy $5.00 (minimum) of Skype credit but at $00.21 per minute for all calls, it would be both useful and worth it. Skype name: "bobwoolf". Test it out. Both apps are also video capable.
Bob, Still Old, Still Grey, And Still A Woolf

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly inconvenienced. And a party was thrown for them afterwards for being really cool about it.

Bob's Space - Home Page of the Olde Greywoolf

"Colin Barnhorst" <c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote in message news:E1897FF4-B987-4F61-90B2-D786BABC85A8@microsoft.com...
Have you sought help from Yahoo? This newsgroup is for questions about the
operating system.

"Seeking" <Seeking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I call a landline telephone using yahoo messenger, I can hear the
> person
> I call, but when I talk, she can't hear me. I have tried with different
> microphones, I have the same problem.
>
> When I tested the microphone on yahoo voice chat, the mouthpiece works
> (that
> is, when I talk, the buttons light up). I also have no problem listening
> music.
>
> I think that it is not a hardware problem. I suspect that I may need some
> special device drivers for Vista. I have Vista home basic.
>
> I have the latest yahoo msn.
>
> Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.
> Seeking

Seeking

Re: Calling landline: I can hear the person I call but she can't h
Bob

Thanks for the hint. I have already paid for making the call to phone from
yahoo msn. Perhaps I can try calling a computer from Skype or Windows MSN. I
will try reaching you. Thanks again.

I suspect that it has to do with drivers for Vista. I do not believe that it
has to do with yahoo msn. That is why I have asked this question here. For
the record, I have already posted this question on Answers on yahoo msn.

Thanks again
Ranga