Installing a USB device

Reynaldos

Installing a USB device
I have recently started again with my computer having formatted it and have
installed Windows Vista. For some strange reason my USB devices are not
installing. I know these work on Vista as they worked before the format.

When I plug in a device a message comes up saying New device found and
windows starts searching for the device. It doesnt seem to find the driver
and asks for you to enter the driver disk. None of these devices ever came
with a driver disk as they are all PnP.

I cant seem to work it out, its asthough the drivers havent installed
properly when i re-installed Vista. Any ideas?
Aaponline

RE: Installing a USB device
You might want to check the websites of the devices for drivers, even though
they are PnP.

"Reynaldos" wrote:

> I have recently started again with my computer having formatted it and have
> installed Windows Vista. For some strange reason my USB devices are not
> installing. I know these work on Vista as they worked before the format.
>
> When I plug in a device a message comes up saying New device found and
> windows starts searching for the device. It doesnt seem to find the driver
> and asks for you to enter the driver disk. None of these devices ever came
> with a driver disk as they are all PnP.
>
> I cant seem to work it out, its asthough the drivers havent installed
> properly when i re-installed Vista. Any ideas?

Arvind Murching [MSFT]

Re: Installing a USB device
What devices are these? You could also check whether they've been logo'ed,
at http://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/Default.aspx.

Thanks
Arvind
----
[This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.]