RECOVERY MEDIA

Aries77

RECOVERY MEDIA

BRING BACK ALL CD FOR COMPUTER , TECH SOME TIMES CANT RESTORE OR REINSTALL
HARDWARE IF THE CD IS NOT THERE.. BRING BACK THE MEDIA/RECOVERY
CDS......................

RECOVERY MEDIA

Most computer systems no longer include "Recovery Media" (Disks or CDs used
to restore your computer system to it's factory shipped state). Many do not
even include Operating System disks.

This is not specific to systems purchased from any one company, but now
standard practice throughout the entire industry.

However, many manufacturers include software on the hard drive that creates
recovery media for you. This allows burning your own set of recovery CDs or
DVDs - all you need is the blank media.

Inclusion of such a recovery utility varies by manufacturer and model; not
all manufactures and models include such a utility. For those that include
such a utility we recommend you create your own set of recovery media after
completing the Windows installation. In other words, right after you start
using your PC!

If you fail to do this and encounter a difficulty in the future you may not
be able to properly restore your computer.

Some manufacturers may have physical recovery media available separately for
purchase; consult your owner’s manual support information section for
additional information. Systems that do not come with a CD/DVD burner may
still include Recovery Disks - please check the manufacturer's specs.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices
Colin Barnhorst

Re: RECOVERY MEDIA
And do away with caps lock keys!

If you are attempting to make a suggestion to Microsoft, you need to contact
MS directly. This is not a managed newsgroup. It only used for
user-to-user support.

"Aries77" <Aries77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> BRING BACK ALL CD FOR COMPUTER , TECH SOME TIMES CANT RESTORE OR REINSTALL
> HARDWARE IF THE CD IS NOT THERE.. BRING BACK THE MEDIA/RECOVERY
> CDS......................
>

> RECOVERY MEDIA
>
> Most computer systems no longer include "Recovery Media" (Disks or CDs
> used
> to restore your computer system to it's factory shipped state). Many do
> not
> even include Operating System disks.
>
> This is not specific to systems purchased from any one company, but now
> standard practice throughout the entire industry.
>
> However, many manufacturers include software on the hard drive that
> creates
> recovery media for you. This allows burning your own set of recovery CDs
> or
> DVDs - all you need is the blank media.
>
> Inclusion of such a recovery utility varies by manufacturer and model; not
> all manufactures and models include such a utility. For those that include
> such a utility we recommend you create your own set of recovery media
> after
> completing the Windows installation. In other words, right after you start
> using your PC!
>
> If you fail to do this and encounter a difficulty in the future you may
> not
> be able to properly restore your computer.
>
> Some manufacturers may have physical recovery media available separately
> for
> purchase; consult your owner’s manual support information section for
> additional information. Systems that do not come with a CD/DVD burner may
> still include Recovery Disks - please check the manufacturer's specs.
>

> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

Aries77

Re: RECOVERY MEDIA
Thanks that too,

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> And do away with caps lock keys!
>
> If you are attempting to make a suggestion to Microsoft, you need to contact
> MS directly. This is not a managed newsgroup. It only used for
> user-to-user support.
>
> "Aries77" <Aries77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > BRING BACK ALL CD FOR COMPUTER , TECH SOME TIMES CANT RESTORE OR REINSTALL
> > HARDWARE IF THE CD IS NOT THERE.. BRING BACK THE MEDIA/RECOVERY
> > CDS......................
> >

> > RECOVERY MEDIA
> >
> > Most computer systems no longer include "Recovery Media" (Disks or CDs
> > used
> > to restore your computer system to it's factory shipped state). Many do
> > not
> > even include Operating System disks.
> >
> > This is not specific to systems purchased from any one company, but now
> > standard practice throughout the entire industry.
> >
> > However, many manufacturers include software on the hard drive that
> > creates
> > recovery media for you. This allows burning your own set of recovery CDs
> > or
> > DVDs - all you need is the blank media.
> >
> > Inclusion of such a recovery utility varies by manufacturer and model; not
> > all manufactures and models include such a utility. For those that include
> > such a utility we recommend you create your own set of recovery media
> > after
> > completing the Windows installation. In other words, right after you start
> > using your PC!
> >
> > If you fail to do this and encounter a difficulty in the future you may
> > not
> > be able to properly restore your computer.
> >
> > Some manufacturers may have physical recovery media available separately
> > for
> > purchase; consult your owner’s manual support information section for
> > additional information. Systems that do not come with a CD/DVD burner may
> > still include Recovery Disks - please check the manufacturer's specs.
> >

> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

Colin Barnhorst

Re: RECOVERY MEDIA
You're welcome.

> Thanks that too,
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> And do away with caps lock keys!
>>
>> If you are attempting to make a suggestion to Microsoft, you need to
>> contact
>> MS directly. This is not a managed newsgroup. It only used for
>> user-to-user support.
>>
>> "Aries77" <Aries77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > BRING BACK ALL CD FOR COMPUTER , TECH SOME TIMES CANT RESTORE OR
>> > REINSTALL
>> > HARDWARE IF THE CD IS NOT THERE.. BRING BACK THE MEDIA/RECOVERY
>> > CDS......................
>> >

>> > RECOVERY MEDIA
>> >
>> > Most computer systems no longer include "Recovery Media" (Disks or CDs
>> > used
>> > to restore your computer system to it's factory shipped state). Many
>> > do
>> > not
>> > even include Operating System disks.
>> >
>> > This is not specific to systems purchased from any one company, but now
>> > standard practice throughout the entire industry.
>> >
>> > However, many manufacturers include software on the hard drive that
>> > creates
>> > recovery media for you. This allows burning your own set of recovery
>> > CDs
>> > or
>> > DVDs - all you need is the blank media.
>> >
>> > Inclusion of such a recovery utility varies by manufacturer and model;
>> > not
>> > all manufactures and models include such a utility. For those that
>> > include
>> > such a utility we recommend you create your own set of recovery media
>> > after
>> > completing the Windows installation. In other words, right after you
>> > start
>> > using your PC!
>> >
>> > If you fail to do this and encounter a difficulty in the future you may
>> > not
>> > be able to properly restore your computer.
>> >
>> > Some manufacturers may have physical recovery media available
>> > separately
>> > for
>> > purchase; consult your owner’s manual support information section for
>> > additional information. Systems that do not come with a CD/DVD burner
>> > may
>> > still include Recovery Disks - please check the manufacturer's specs.
>> >

>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>> > "I
>> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> > this
>> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>> > then
>> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>> >
>> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

David B.

Re: RECOVERY MEDIA
And it has nothing to do with Microsoft, it is the OEM mfg's that decide
whether or not recovery media is included, contact them.

--

----