battery life

Alimcanena

battery life
ive had my laptop for 3months and now, although the laptop is running off the
mains fine, it wont charge via the mains charger. the small battery symbol is
indicating that my laptop is plugged in, but is at 0% battery and is not
charging. would this be a problem with the battery or with the charger?

Thanks

Ali
Colin Barnhorst

Re: battery life
Contact the manufacturer of your laptop.

"Alimcanena" <Alimcanena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ive had my laptop for 3months and now, although the laptop is running off
> the
> mains fine, it wont charge via the mains charger. the small battery symbol
> is
> indicating that my laptop is plugged in, but is at 0% battery and is not
> charging. would this be a problem with the battery or with the charger?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ali

AnaRaquel

RE: battery life
Hi!
That's funny! It happenned the exact same thing to me!Can't help you because
I thought it was because of Vista Update but I'm not sure...

"Alimcanena" wrote:

> ive had my laptop for 3months and now, although the laptop is running off the
> mains fine, it wont charge via the mains charger. the small battery symbol is
> indicating that my laptop is plugged in, but is at 0% battery and is not
> charging. would this be a problem with the battery or with the charger?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ali

Jean

RE: battery life
The same thing just happened to me which is what brought me to this site. I
have a 3 month old computer that works fine. when I click on the battery
icon it states it is plugged in and not charging. why would this be?

"AnaRaquel" wrote:

> Hi!
> That's funny! It happenned the exact same thing to me!Can't help you because
> I thought it was because of Vista Update but I'm not sure...
>

> "Alimcanena" wrote:
>
> > ive had my laptop for 3months and now, although the laptop is running off the
> > mains fine, it wont charge via the mains charger. the small battery symbol is
> > indicating that my laptop is plugged in, but is at 0% battery and is not
> > charging. would this be a problem with the battery or with the charger?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ali

Nonny

Re: battery life
On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 15:56:37 -0700, Jean
<Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The same thing just happened to me which is what brought me to this site. I
>have a 3 month old computer that works fine. when I click on the battery
>icon it states it is plugged in and not charging. why would this be?

One word: warranty.
Charlie Tame

Re: battery life
Nonny wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 15:56:37 -0700, Jean
> <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> The same thing just happened to me which is what brought me to this site. I
>> have a 3 month old computer that works fine. when I click on the battery
>> icon it states it is plugged in and not charging. why would this be?

> One word: warranty.

Actually the word is idiot - recognize it because it is you...
Charlie Tame

Re: battery life
Nonny wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 15:56:37 -0700, Jean
> <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> The same thing just happened to me which is what brought me to this site. I
>> have a 3 month old computer that works fine. when I click on the battery
>> icon it states it is plugged in and not charging. why would this be?

> One word: warranty.

Idiot. if the Icon is wrong it is a software problem, if the sensors in
the machine are wrong it is a hardware problem. We need to establish the
"Real" cause of the problem, not just accuse the manufacturer or user.
Nonny the best thing you can do for Microsoft is crawl into a corner and
hide, because you are at best a troll and more often a nuisance. Go
forth and let the problem be properly investigated.

Jean et al... does the computer keep it's charge despite the readings, I
mean does it work to your expectations or are there obvious battery
problems? If it works okay then there are several possible reasons, one
is Vista another is the manufacturer's software and another is the
hardware itself.

If the battery lives up to your expectations then it is a software problem

AnaRaquel

Re: battery life
I don't know if the exact answer is warranty... in my case I didn't send the
computer to warranty. What I did was an ugrade to the BIOS but after that,
the battery didin't start immediately working. After a few times working with
the pc it started... however sometimes, when my vista updates my battery
stays a bit confuse... not sure why but it doesn't indicate the time for
example... but after a few times restarting the pc, it works again...

"Charlie Tame" wrote:

> Nonny wrote:
> > On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 15:56:37 -0700, Jean
> > <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> >> The same thing just happened to me which is what brought me to this site. I
> >> have a 3 month old computer that works fine. when I click on the battery
> >> icon it states it is plugged in and not charging. why would this be?

> > One word: warranty.

> Actually the word is idiot - recognize it because it is you...

Curious

Re: battery life
If your system is plugged in will stop charging when the battery is fully
charged since to continue to charge a fully charged battery can damage the
battery. It will not need to be charged again till the laptop is run again
on battery power only.