Vista cannot bootup when USB thumb drive is plugged in

=?Utf-8?B?VmlzdGFVc2Vy?=

Vista cannot bootup when USB thumb drive is plugged in
I am running Vista Business on a Dell Optiplex 745. During Bootup, if i have
a USB thumb drive plugged in before the Welcome screen, my PC goes into a
perpetual 'hanging' mode (with no signal to Monitor). Only when i plug out
my thumb drive does the PC carry on with the Bootup procedure.
Don

Re: Vista cannot bootup when USB thumb drive is plugged in
VistaUser wrote:
> I am running Vista Business on a Dell Optiplex 745. During Bootup, if i have
> a USB thumb drive plugged in before the Welcome screen, my PC goes into a
> perpetual 'hanging' mode (with no signal to Monitor). Only when i plug out
> my thumb drive does the PC carry on with the Bootup procedure.

I have three USB drives and only one of them behaves that way -- the
drive is a Sandisk and it really is different, dunno why. It also
does the same thing to linux and XP, so it's not a Vista bug.
=?Utf-8?B?VmlzdGFVc2Vy?=

"Don" wrote:

> VistaUser wrote:
> > I am running Vista Business on a Dell Optiplex 745. During Bootup, if i have
> > a USB thumb drive plugged in before the Welcome screen, my PC goes into a
> > perpetual 'hanging' mode (with no signal to Monitor). Only when i plug out
> > my thumb drive does the PC carry on with the Bootup procedure.

> I have three USB drives and only one of them behaves that way -- the
> drive is a Sandisk and it really is different, dunno why. It also
> does the same thing to linux and XP, so it's not a Vista bug.

I only notice this problem with my Vista Business PC. Multiple XP machines
i used had no 'bootup hang' problem when my TwinMOS 256MB (Bought in 2004/5.)
is plugged in.
=?Utf-8?B?VmlzdGFVc2Vy?=

Re: Vista cannot bootup when USB thumb drive is plugged in
Hi,

I have tested my Vista with a brandless thumbdrive and there is no problem.
Hence, it seems like it is TwinMOS that is not compatible with Vista.