Speech Recognition with Windows Live Messenger

=?Utf-8?B?S2F0aGVyaW5l?=

Speech Recognition with Windows Live Messenger
I can not get my speech recognition to type a message itself. I can use all
the commands, like hide profile pictures, send a nudge, add a smile, I just
cannot figure out how to send the text itself.

Can someone please help??
=?Utf-8?B?YnJpYW4=?=

RE: Speech Recognition with Windows Live Messenger
Hi Katherine,
You didn't say what program you are trying to dictate to.
Try using wordpad or notepad.
I am using speech recognition to reply to this message in windows Internet
explorer.
Regards,
Brian

"Katherine" wrote:

> I can not get my speech recognition to type a message itself. I can use all
> the commands, like hide profile pictures, send a nudge, add a smile, I just
> cannot figure out how to send the text itself.
>
> Can someone please help??

=?Utf-8?B?Q2ltYXJlcw==?=

RE: Speech Recognition with Windows Live Messenger
Brian,

The program name was in the title.. it's Live Messenger. I raised a post
back at the start of February with exactly the same problem as katherine.
Basically, Speech Recognition works perfectly with all functions of the
program until you try to use it to 'type' directly into the message window.
As soon as you try that, Speech recog fails.

The only work around is to use notepad, type your message in there, then cut
and switch to the messenger window and paste. Hardly the best method.. I've
not found any way of permitting speech to work, so can only assume it's a
'Feature' in the broad sense of the word.

Paul.

"brian" wrote:

> Hi Katherine,
> You didn't say what program you are trying to dictate to.
> Try using wordpad or notepad.
> I am using speech recognition to reply to this message in windows Internet
> explorer.
> Regards,
> Brian
>
> "Katherine" wrote:
>
> > I can not get my speech recognition to type a message itself. I can use all
> > the commands, like hide profile pictures, send a nudge, add a smile, I just
> > cannot figure out how to send the text itself.
> >
> > Can someone please help??

vistahater

Re: Speech Recognition with Windows Live Messenger

Right click the speech recognition widget, go to options and click allow
dication everywhere

THIS ACCTUALLY WORKS!!!! - I just figured it out

--
vistahater
rainbowsurfer

Re: Speech Recognition with Windows Live Messenger

i tried enabling allow dictation everywhere and it still didnt work in
messenger , windows live messenger in vista , am i missing something ,
if so , please can someone advise , thanks , also , recording voice
clips without having to hold down the button or press f2 would be
helpfull , thanks

--
rainbowsurfer