my WD HD appear as offline

=?Utf-8?B?am9zZXBo?=

my WD HD appear as offline
this is my dymamic HD's number "WDC WD3200JD-22KLB0"
after i attach the hd w/ sata and plug in the power cable
in the computer management shows in ****1 but offline
so i check the help and it says i can try click on the reactive disk
the thing is there is no such thing name that
and in the property says the device is working properly
what shld i do to activate the disk plzzz help me
btw i dont undestand computer that much
pete

Re: my WD HD appear as offline
try right clicking the drive under Computer Management....
peter
"joseph" <joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> this is my dymamic HD's number "WDC WD3200JD-22KLB0"
> after i attach the hd w/ sata and plug in the power cable
> in the computer management shows in ****1 but offline
> so i check the help and it says i can try click on the reactive disk
> the thing is there is no such thing name that
> and in the property says the device is working properly
> what shld i do to activate the disk plzzz help me
> btw i dont undestand computer that much

=?Utf-8?B?am9zZXBo?=

Re: my WD HD appear as offline
well that is what i was trying
one thing i found out is the volume of the drive appears as 0
and the opption with right clicking has only " convert to basic disk,
property, help"
hmmm...any other suggestion??

"pete" wrote:

> try right clicking the drive under Computer Management....
> peter
> "joseph" <joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > this is my dymamic HD's number "WDC WD3200JD-22KLB0"
> > after i attach the hd w/ sata and plug in the power cable
> > in the computer management shows in ****1 but offline
> > so i check the help and it says i can try click on the reactive disk
> > the thing is there is no such thing name that
> > and in the property says the device is working properly
> > what shld i do to activate the disk plzzz help me
> > btw i dont undestand computer that much

Chopper

Re: my WD HD appear as offline
This from Ned Buckmaster:
After further research, I found that Home Basic and Home Premium do NOT
handle dynamic disks."

Apparently if you have Vista Home or Premium and you're running any dynamic
hard disks you're in a bit of trouble.... anyone out there know of a solution
to this one?