Microsoft wireless 7000 Bluetooth

_Mark_

Microsoft wireless 7000 Bluetooth
I have managed to break the bluetooth dongle that came with this
keyboard/mouse and have tried 3 different brands of dongles with no success.
My question is does Microsoft replace the dongles with this Mouse/Keyboard
set...

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Microsoft wireless 7000 Bluetooth
You need to ask Microsoft.

"_Mark_" <ms2@ev3.net> wrote in message
>I have managed to break the bluetooth dongle that came with this
>keyboard/mouse and have tried 3 different brands of dongles with no
>success. My question is does Microsoft replace the dongles with this
>Mouse/Keyboard set...

Cathy Moya [MS]

Re: Microsoft wireless 7000 Bluetooth
You should be able to run the mouse and keyboard without a dongle using the
computer Bluetooth stack, (though only the Microsoft Bluetooth stack is
officially supported.) For details, search for Bluetooth in the online help
for mouse or keyboard.

--
Cathy Moya
Microsoft Hardware User Experience

www.microsoft.com/hardware
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.

"Colin Barnhorst" <c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote in message
> You need to ask Microsoft.
>
> "_Mark_" <ms2@ev3.net> wrote in message
>>I have managed to break the bluetooth dongle that came with this
>>keyboard/mouse and have tried 3 different brands of dongles with no
>>success. My question is does Microsoft replace the dongles with this
>>Mouse/Keyboard set...

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Microsoft wireless 7000 Bluetooth
Ask and ye shall recieve!

"Cathy Moya [MS]" <camoya@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You should be able to run the mouse and keyboard without a dongle using
> the computer Bluetooth stack, (though only the Microsoft Bluetooth stack
> is officially supported.) For details, search for Bluetooth in the online
> help for mouse or keyboard.
>
> --
> Cathy Moya
> Microsoft Hardware User Experience
>
> www.microsoft.com/hardware
> This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" <c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> You need to ask Microsoft.
>>
>> "_Mark_" <ms2@ev3.net> wrote in message
>>>I have managed to break the bluetooth dongle that came with this
>>>keyboard/mouse and have tried 3 different brands of dongles with no
>>>success. My question is does Microsoft replace the dongles with this
>>>Mouse/Keyboard set...

_Mark_

Re: Microsoft wireless 7000 Bluetooth
Sorry for the late reply, been out of town... Not sure exactly how they are
suppose to be run without a dongle..