Keyboards and Mouses PS2 for VISTA?

Carla

Keyboards and Mouses PS2 for VISTA?
Hello everyone

I have bought a new PC a couple of months ago, with OS Windows Vista Home
Premium 32 bits.
My computador, just like most PCs these days, came with Wireless Keyboard
and Mouse, connected to the PC by UBS 2.0.
I've been working fine with it, but I know sometimes PC's have problems with
USB Equipments: they are not recognize it, the USB door does not work
anymore, etc. In case one of these problems afects my PC, I want to have a
Mouse and Keyboard with connection PS2. I've been searching in some stores
for it, but the problem is that, in the requirements, it says the OS is
Windows 2000/XP; they never mentioned Windows Vista. I can't find any that
says it's compatible with Windows Vista!
My question: can I buy one of these Keyboards and Mouses and Vista recognize
it?
Do you know any keyboards and mouses PS2 that work fine with Vista?

Thanks in advance
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Keyboards and Mouses PS2 for VISTA?
That's because they were made before Vista. PS/2 keyboards and mice work
fine in Vista.

"Carla" <Carla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone
>
> I have bought a new PC a couple of months ago, with OS Windows Vista Home
> Premium 32 bits.
> My computador, just like most PCs these days, came with Wireless Keyboard
> and Mouse, connected to the PC by UBS 2.0.
> I've been working fine with it, but I know sometimes PC's have problems
> with
> USB Equipments: they are not recognize it, the USB door does not work
> anymore, etc. In case one of these problems afects my PC, I want to have a
> Mouse and Keyboard with connection PS2. I've been searching in some stores
> for it, but the problem is that, in the requirements, it says the OS is
> Windows 2000/XP; they never mentioned Windows Vista. I can't find any that
> says it's compatible with Windows Vista!
> My question: can I buy one of these Keyboards and Mouses and Vista
> recognize
> it?
> Do you know any keyboards and mouses PS2 that work fine with Vista?
>
> Thanks in advance

Tomáš Kafka

Re: Keyboards and Mouses PS2 for VISTA?
Vista is OK with PS/2 mouses and keyboards, if your computer has PS2 ports,
just use them (nothing have changed in PS2 standards in last few years, so
whatewer PS2 device was compatible in XP, will continue to work in Vista).
Only drawbac though is that PC will not find PS2 device if you insert it
after the computer have started, this is because PS2 protocol is very old
and doesn't support hot-plugging.

"Carla" <Carla@discussions.microsoft.com> p*še v diskusn*m př*spěvku