sound card drivers

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBU?=

sound card drivers
You know I'd heard that a large number of drivers had been removed between
the beta and live versions of vista and I must note that in my experience the
add hardware scanner is quicker which is a plus as well as the install being
smaller but lets face it i have a 10 year old sound card and yes it was one
of the drivers that got canned. So microsoft put the drivers back in your
os. I mean the reason I buy windows is because it's simple as plug and play
not plug and search for drivers for two weeks. I would at least like to see
an optional download on windows update along the lines of legacy hardware
drivers version 1.0. I don't care if it's the size of a small cd. I like
most users in the world have a fat pipe-o-broadband running into my house.
So downloading large files that are fire and forget would be a major plus for
me. BTW I had to download sisofts sandara to get the model number because
broken hardware is no longer shown in system devices. Please bring back
broken hardware too. I like to know when my computer isn't working more than
I like the false assurance that it is.

by the way my particular driver is crystal 4237b. If you add a place to get
it some time I would be deeply indebted. The most recent os support I could
find for it is about 2k.

Windows is supposed to be for idiots to use. That's why I use it. Keep it
that way or you will alienate your user base and become another Star Wars
Galaxies. I am extremely disapointed with this latest release. I suggest
you improve it very fast.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: sound card drivers
You can always copy it from your beta disk(s)
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows