Some update was reinstalled; "Sonic Solutions DLA" malfunctioning again

Brandon Taylor

Some update was reinstalled; "Sonic Solutions DLA" malfunctioning again
My "Sonic Solutions DLA" is malfunctioning again, as Windows Vista tried to
reinstall an update right under my nose, an update which, when I previously
uninstalled it, allowed "Sonic Solutions DLA" to work correctly. Since the
time I initially uninstalled the update, I have forgotten what update it
was. Can anyone help me?

Brandon Taylor

=?Utf-8?B?R1Q=?=

RE: Some update was reinstalled; "Sonic Solutions DLA" malfunctioning
Windows Vista cd/dvd burning also have a feature like the Sonic Solution DLA.
It's called Live File System it Allows you to add and erase files, like a USB
Flash drive. Live File System is pretty much the same function as Sonic
solution DLA.

when you insert a blank cd, make sure you click show formatting option and
select live file systems, after clicking next it will format the CD so you
can add, erase, rename files on CD.

"Brandon Taylor" wrote:

> My "Sonic Solutions DLA" is malfunctioning again, as Windows Vista tried to
> reinstall an update right under my nose, an update which, when I previously
> uninstalled it, allowed "Sonic Solutions DLA" to work correctly. Since the
> time I initially uninstalled the update, I have forgotten what update it
> was. Can anyone help me?
>
> Brandon Taylor

=?Utf-8?B?R1Q=?=

RE: Some update was reinstalled; "Sonic Solutions DLA" malfunctioning
The latest version of Windows offers a new format, called Live File System.
more information on the link.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...06cbe1033.mspx

"Brandon Taylor" wrote:

> My "Sonic Solutions DLA" is malfunctioning again, as Windows Vista tried to
> reinstall an update right under my nose, an update which, when I previously
> uninstalled it, allowed "Sonic Solutions DLA" to work correctly. Since the
> time I initially uninstalled the update, I have forgotten what update it
> was. Can anyone help me?
>
> Brandon Taylor

Iron Feliks

Re: Some update was reinstalled; "Sonic Solutions DLA" malfunctioning again
Why are you using Sonic DLA? It isn't needed with Vista.

The real annoyance is when Vista keeps telling you that Sonic DLA crapped
out....after you already removed it.

"Brandon Taylor" <donnie126_2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My "Sonic Solutions DLA" is malfunctioning again, as Windows Vista tried
> to reinstall an update right under my nose, an update which, when I
> previously uninstalled it, allowed "Sonic Solutions DLA" to work
> correctly. Since the time I initially uninstalled the update, I have
> forgotten what update it was. Can anyone help me?
>
> Brandon Taylor

Brandon Taylor

Re: Some update was reinstalled; "Sonic Solutions DLA" malfunctioning
Yes, but the message comes up every time I start the computer, and it is
quite annoying. I know there was an update I had to uninstall, but which
one is it?

-- B.D.T.

"GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The latest version of Windows offers a new format, called Live File
> System.
> more information on the link.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...06cbe1033.mspx
>

> "Brandon Taylor" wrote:
>
>> My "Sonic Solutions DLA" is malfunctioning again, as Windows Vista tried
>> reinstall an update right under my nose, an update which, when I
>> previously
>> uninstalled it, allowed "Sonic Solutions DLA" to work correctly. Since
>> the
>> time I initially uninstalled the update, I have forgotten what update it
>> was. Can anyone help me?
>>
>> Brandon Taylor

Don

Brandon Taylor wrote:
> ...I know there was an update I had to uninstall, but
> which one is it?

In my experience (YMMV) if you uninstall an update, Windows
Update will offer to reinstall it until you tell it not to
show it to you again.

If you're willing to take a bit of a gamble you could try
uninstalling *all* of them and then re-install them one by
one until you find the culprit.

Then WRITE IT DOWN like the rest of us who have CRS ;o)
Jim Bruton

Re: Some update was reinstalled; "Sonic Solutions DLA" malfunctioning
Just run msconfig, uninstall DragtoDisk (not needed), reboot - message gone!

> Yes, but the message comes up every time I start the computer, and it is
> quite annoying. I know there was an update I had to uninstall, but which
> one is it?
>
> -- B.D.T.
>
> "GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> The latest version of Windows offers a new format, called Live File
>> System.
>> more information on the link.
>>
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...06cbe1033.mspx
>>

>> "Brandon Taylor" wrote:
>>
>>> My "Sonic Solutions DLA" is malfunctioning again, as Windows Vista tried
>>> reinstall an update right under my nose, an update which, when I
>>> previously
>>> uninstalled it, allowed "Sonic Solutions DLA" to work correctly. Since
>>> the
>>> time I initially uninstalled the update, I have forgotten what update it
>>> was. Can anyone help me?
>>>
>>> Brandon Taylor

DanR

Re: Some update was reinstalled; "Sonic Solutions DLA" malfunctioning again

"Brandon Taylor" <donnie126_2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My "Sonic Solutions DLA" is malfunctioning again, as Windows Vista tried
> to reinstall an update right under my nose, an update which, when I
> previously uninstalled it, allowed "Sonic Solutions DLA" to work
> correctly. Since the time I initially uninstalled the update, I have
> forgotten what update it was. Can anyone help me?
>
> Brandon Taylor

Sonic fixed this problem. Get the update (patch) from them. No need to
uninstall the Vista update.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Some update was reinstalled; "Sonic Solutions DLA" malfunctioning again
This one:
http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000131CR
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Brandon Taylor" <donnie126_2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My "Sonic Solutions DLA" is malfunctioning again, as Windows Vista tried
> to reinstall an update right under my nose, an update which, when I
> previously uninstalled it, allowed "Sonic Solutions DLA" to work
> correctly. Since the time I initially uninstalled the update, I have
> forgotten what update it was. Can anyone help me?
>
> Brandon Taylor

vanilla

Re: Some update was reinstalled; "Sonic Solutions DLA" malfunctioning
I had to uninstall Drag-to-Disc ... no big deal for me ... I don't burn data
files that way ... I was surprised when I installed EMC9 and selected Custom
Install that I was not able to deselect Drag-to-Disc. But, at least it shows
up separately in Control Panels --> Programs and Features so you can remove
just Drag-to-Disc. I am sure it is a great feature used by many but just not
for me.

vanilla