Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander

Carlos Sosa Albert

Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander
Hi guys,

I own this (¿prehistoric?) device and I reaaally like it.
But recently I upgraded my computer and move on to Vista SP1 (32 bits) for
several reasons.

But I find that the (¡prehistoric!) software won't work.

It won't even install, the setup.exe just stays there without doing nothing.
And I have no way to configure the device.

Is ironic that, when moving to Windows Vista, the only device I have
problems with is from Microsoft... :@

Any ideas how to make this work?

Thanks!

--
____________________________
Carlos Sosa Albert
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander
As I recall, gameports are not supported in Vista so there is no way to
install a driver for a device that uses a gameport. Perhaps a serial port
adaptor might work.

"Carlos Sosa Albert" <betun (arroba) hotmail> wrote in message
news13D8ABD-CA8A-4689-975A-4D4369E3BECB@microsoft.com...
> Hi guys,
>
> I own this (¿prehistoric?) device and I reaaally like it.
> But recently I upgraded my computer and move on to Vista SP1 (32 bits) for
> several reasons.
>
> But I find that the (¡prehistoric!) software won't work.
>
> It won't even install, the setup.exe just stays there without doing
> nothing.
> And I have no way to configure the device.
>
> Is ironic that, when moving to Windows Vista, the only device I have
> problems with is from Microsoft... :@
>
> Any ideas how to make this work?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> ____________________________
> Carlos Sosa Albert

Carlos Sosa Albert

Re: Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander
Thanks, but t is USB...

--
____________________________
Carlos Sosa Albert

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> As I recall, gameports are not supported in Vista so there is no way to
> install a driver for a device that uses a gameport. Perhaps a serial port
> adaptor might work.
>
> "Carlos Sosa Albert" <betun (arroba) hotmail> wrote in message
> news13D8ABD-CA8A-4689-975A-4D4369E3BECB@microsoft.com...
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I own this (¿prehistoric?) device and I reaaally like it.
> > But recently I upgraded my computer and move on to Vista SP1 (32 bits) for
> > several reasons.
> >
> > But I find that the (¡prehistoric!) software won't work.
> >
> > It won't even install, the setup.exe just stays there without doing
> > nothing.
> > And I have no way to configure the device.
> >
> > Is ironic that, when moving to Windows Vista, the only device I have
> > problems with is from Microsoft... :@
> >
> > Any ideas how to make this work?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > --
> > ____________________________
> > Carlos Sosa Albert

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander
Have you tried running the setup by rightclicking on the setup icon and
choosing Run As Administrator? Have you used the troubleshooting page?
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;1016

There is also a microsoft.public.windows.vista.games newsgroup.

> Thanks, but t is USB...
>
> --
> ____________________________
> Carlos Sosa Albert
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> As I recall, gameports are not supported in Vista so there is no way to
>> install a driver for a device that uses a gameport. Perhaps a serial
>> port
>> adaptor might work.
>>
>> "Carlos Sosa Albert" <betun (arroba) hotmail> wrote in message
>> news13D8ABD-CA8A-4689-975A-4D4369E3BECB@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi guys,
>> >
>> > I own this (¿prehistoric?) device and I reaaally like it.
>> > But recently I upgraded my computer and move on to Vista SP1 (32 bits)
>> > for
>> > several reasons.
>> >
>> > But I find that the (¡prehistoric!) software won't work.
>> >
>> > It won't even install, the setup.exe just stays there without doing
>> > nothing.
>> > And I have no way to configure the device.
>> >
>> > Is ironic that, when moving to Windows Vista, the only device I have
>> > problems with is from Microsoft... :@
>> >
>> > Any ideas how to make this work?
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > --
>> > ____________________________
>> > Carlos Sosa Albert

Carlos Sosa Albert

Re: Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander
Hello, thanks for your reply.

To run the setup as admin was my first shot. But nothing.
I searched the support page but there is nothing about problems installing
the drivers...

--
____________________________
Carlos Sosa Albert

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Have you tried running the setup by rightclicking on the setup icon and
> choosing Run As Administrator? Have you used the troubleshooting page?
> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;1016
>
> There is also a microsoft.public.windows.vista.games newsgroup.
>
> "Carlos Sosa Albert" <betun (arroba) hotmail> wrote in message
> > Thanks, but t is USB...
> >
> > --
> > ____________________________
> > Carlos Sosa Albert
> >

> > "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
> >
> >> As I recall, gameports are not supported in Vista so there is no way to
> >> install a driver for a device that uses a gameport. Perhaps a serial
> >> port
> >> adaptor might work.
> >>
> >> "Carlos Sosa Albert" <betun (arroba) hotmail> wrote in message
> >> news13D8ABD-CA8A-4689-975A-4D4369E3BECB@microsoft.com...

BODYPRINT

Re: Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander

'Here'
(http://www.vistax64.com/vista-hardwa...tml#post728437)
is a solution for Strategic Commander and Vista

--
BODYPRINT