Can't keep restore points

KellyB

Can't keep restore points

Hi folks -- Since using Home Premium on my new Dell laptop I have not
been able to keep retore points for more than one online session. They
probably delete on a reboot. I'm not sure. But whenever I've tried to
use restore there's never any points available. Any ideas why?

--
KellyB
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Can't keep restore points
If you are dual booting with XP you need to make a registry entry to prevent
XP from destroying your points (and other recovery files) every time you
boot XP.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926185

"KellyB" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi folks -- Since using Home Premium on my new Dell laptop I have not
> been able to keep retore points for more than one online session. They
> probably delete on a reboot. I'm not sure. But whenever I've tried to
> use restore there's never any points available. Any ideas why?
>

> --
> KellyB

KellyB

Re: Can't keep restore points

Thanks for reply but am not dual booting altho sometimes wish I was.
Just Vista Home Prem. If no-one else has any clues maybe this problem is
pretty rare. I'll keep plugging away until I find the answer. Let you
know if I do. Cheers.

--
KellyB
ribeiro

Re: Can't keep restore points

hi, how much disk space its left there? And how much is your disk
capacity? Thatīs not rare, its very simple and logical, but we need
clues, many aspects have to follow the elimination rule, untill reach
the problem solving. Each computer its a world of diferent and
individual configuration. Thats why isnt right to tell a straight aswer
like you may realise. I may say that your Hard Disk Drive its full to a
point thatīs only alow one restore point to be created by the system.
But withouth considering other aspects, the rigth getīs wrong. Be more
precise.
Do you clean your disks often, do you defrag it regular and other
things like that? Do you touch in regedit or in adminstrative tools for
running services, etc? In 5 min i would clear, check and solve all that
also, but here i am in Portugal, so far as dire straits say, how can you
help me to help you.

Cheers!

--
ribeiro