Install Vista without dvd-rom

Klaudiu

Install Vista without dvd-rom
Hi
I have windows vista dvd and i wont to install on my pc but i don`t have
dvd-rom just cd-rw and i wont to nou how i can install vista without dvdrom.
Rick Rogers

Re: Install Vista without dvd-rom
Buy a DVD drive - there's no way around it, you need something capable of
reading the disk.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Klaudiu" <Klaudiu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have windows vista dvd and i wont to install on my pc but i don`t have
> dvd-rom just cd-rw and i wont to nou how i can install vista without
> dvdrom.

Cal Bear '66

Re: Install Vista without dvd-rom
There is a coupon in the retail package with instructions for ordering Vista on
CDs.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

> Buy a DVD drive - there's no way around it, you need something capable of
> reading the disk.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Klaudiu" <Klaudiu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> I have windows vista dvd and i wont to install on my pc but i don`t have
>> dvd-rom just cd-rw and i wont to nou how i can install vista without dvdrom.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Install Vista without dvd-rom
If your system features a CD drive but no DVD drive, you can order
Windows Vista on CD-ROM. The installation files span multiple CD discs.

Windows Vista Alternate Media
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...a/default.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Klaudiu" wrote:

Hi
I have windows vista dvd and i wont to install on my pc but i don`t have
dvd-rom just cd-rw and i wont to nou how i can install vista without dvdrom.
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Install Vista without dvd-rom
For x86. CDs for x64 are not available. I assume, as you, that the OP is
on an x86 machine else it would have a dvd drive.

"Cal Bear '66" <x1x1x1@x1x1x1.org> wrote in message
> There is a coupon in the retail package with instructions for ordering
> Vista on CDs.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!

>> Buy a DVD drive - there's no way around it, you need something capable of
>> reading the disk.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Klaudiu" <Klaudiu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>> I have windows vista dvd and i wont to install on my pc but i don`t have
>>> dvd-rom just cd-rw and i wont to nou how i can install vista without
>>> dvdrom.

Rick Rogers

Re: Install Vista without dvd-rom
I suppose I could have mentioned those, but I am thinking the OP was looking
for a way to use the DVD without having a proper drive. Spend money shipping
disks or money on a DVD drive. $20 solves the problem either way.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Cal Bear '66" <x1x1x1@x1x1x1.org> wrote in message
> There is a coupon in the retail package with instructions for ordering
> Vista on CDs.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!

>> Buy a DVD drive - there's no way around it, you need something capable of
>> reading the disk.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Klaudiu" <Klaudiu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>> I have windows vista dvd and i wont to install on my pc but i don`t have
>>> dvd-rom just cd-rw and i wont to nou how i can install vista without
>>> dvdrom.

lnemeth

Re: Install Vista without dvd-rom
so, it took 6 posts to this "Expert" board for someone to finally tell us how
to order the damn program on CD's. To top it all off, the url in the post as
well as the url on the coupon from microsoft are not working and redirect to
a basic help page which has no link to the order cd media page. any other
"Experts" care to weigh in??? I need these disks and I need help!

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> If your system features a CD drive but no DVD drive, you can order
> Windows Vista on CD-ROM. The installation files span multiple CD discs.
>
> Windows Vista Alternate Media
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...a/default.mspx
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Desktop Experience -
> Windows System & Performance

> "Klaudiu" wrote:
>
> Hi
> I have windows vista dvd and i wont to install on my pc but i don`t have
> dvd-rom just cd-rw and i wont to nou how i can install vista without dvdrom.

Pavel A.

Re: Install Vista without dvd-rom
Borrow an external USB DVD.
Or, copy the content of the DVD thru a USB disk or flash drive, then boot
off a WinPE CD and run the Vista setup...
Or, if all this seems confusing, just call a tech to install Vista for you.

--PA

"lnemeth" <lnemeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> so, it took 6 posts to this "Expert" board for someone to finally tell us
> how
> to order the damn program on CD's. To top it all off, the url in the post
> as
> well as the url on the coupon from microsoft are not working and redirect
> a basic help page which has no link to the order cd media page. any other
> "Experts" care to weigh in??? I need these disks and I need help!
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> If your system features a CD drive but no DVD drive, you can order
>> Windows Vista on CD-ROM. The installation files span multiple CD discs.
>>
>> Windows Vista Alternate Media
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...a/default.mspx
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Desktop Experience -
>> Windows System & Performance

>> "Klaudiu" wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>> I have windows vista dvd and i wont to install on my pc but i don`t have
>> dvd-rom just cd-rw and i wont to nou how i can install vista without
>> dvdrom.

PaulM

Re: Install Vista without dvd-rom
Try here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...e/ordercd.mspx

www.paulsxp.com
www.paulsxp.com/forum

"lnemeth" <lnemeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> so, it took 6 posts to this "Expert" board for someone to finally tell us
> how
> to order the damn program on CD's. To top it all off, the url in the post
> as
> well as the url on the coupon from microsoft are not working and redirect
> a basic help page which has no link to the order cd media page. any other
> "Experts" care to weigh in??? I need these disks and I need help!
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> If your system features a CD drive but no DVD drive, you can order
>> Windows Vista on CD-ROM. The installation files span multiple CD discs.
>>
>> Windows Vista Alternate Media
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...a/default.mspx
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Desktop Experience -
>> Windows System & Performance

>> "Klaudiu" wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>> I have windows vista dvd and i wont to install on my pc but i don`t have
>> dvd-rom just cd-rw and i wont to nou how i can install vista without
>> dvdrom.

PaulM

Re: Install Vista without dvd-rom
Or here: