MY RECYCLE BIN WAS DELETED

Jon Pope

MY RECYCLE BIN WAS DELETED
any idea to get it restored
ribeiro

Re: MY RECYCLE BIN WAS DELETED

Hi, Go to Control Panel\Personalization from right clicking over an
empty area of the desktop and there you will find Change Desktop Icons.
Recover Recycle Bin!

Cheers!

--
ribeiro
Mike Hall - MVP

"Jon Pope" <mrjonpope@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> any idea to get it restored

Here is an excellent page all about deleting Recycle Bin, how to get it
back, and how to stop it happening in the future..

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...ecycle_bin.htm

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Jon Pope

Re: MY RECYCLE BIN WAS DELETED
Thx . It worked. That was pretty dumb to do that lol

"ribeiro" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi, Go to Control Panel\Personalization from right clicking over an
> empty area of the desktop and there you will find Change Desktop Icons.
> Recover Recycle Bin!
>
> Cheers!
>

> --
> ribeiro

Colin Barnhorst

Re: MY RECYCLE BIN WAS DELETED
Actually it is not dumb. Several of us beta testers argued with MS during
the beta about using the word "Delete" on that context menu. It is far too
easy to confuse "Empy the RC" with "Delete" since deleting is what Empty the
RC is doing. "Remove from Desktop" would be much better. But we lost.

> Thx . It worked. That was pretty dumb to do that lol
>
> "ribeiro" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Hi, Go to Control Panel\Personalization from right clicking over an
>> empty area of the desktop and there you will find Change Desktop Icons.
>> Recover Recycle Bin!
>>
>> Cheers!
>>

>> --
>> ribeiro

Jon Pope

Re: MY RECYCLE BIN WAS DELETED
Well we all know MS is stupid but y did we buy this OS when Linux is FREE
lol

"Colin Barnhorst" <c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Actually it is not dumb. Several of us beta testers argued with MS during
> the beta about using the word "Delete" on that context menu. It is far
> too easy to confuse "Empy the RC" with "Delete" since deleting is what
> Empty the RC is doing. "Remove from Desktop" would be much better. But
> we lost.
>
> "Jon Pope" <mrjonpope@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thx . It worked. That was pretty dumb to do that lol
>>
>> "ribeiro" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Hi, Go to Control Panel\Personalization from right clicking over an
>>> empty area of the desktop and there you will find Change Desktop Icons.
>>> Recover Recycle Bin!
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>>

>>> --
>>> ribeiro

Colin Barnhorst

Re: MY RECYCLE BIN WAS DELETED
I bought it because I wanted to.

> Well we all know MS is stupid but y did we buy this OS when Linux is FREE
> lol
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" <c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Actually it is not dumb. Several of us beta testers argued with MS
>> during the beta about using the word "Delete" on that context menu. It
>> is far too easy to confuse "Empy the RC" with "Delete" since deleting is
>> what Empty the RC is doing. "Remove from Desktop" would be much better.
>> But we lost.
>>
>> "Jon Pope" <mrjonpope@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Thx . It worked. That was pretty dumb to do that lol

GeraldF

Re: MY RECYCLE BIN WAS DELETED
In article <e1DL54xpIHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
mikehall@remove_mvps.com says...

> Here is an excellent page all about deleting Recycle Bin, how to get it
> back, and how to stop it happening in the future..
>
> http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...ecycle_bin.htm

This was really helpful for me. Wonder why they put the
possibility of deleting it from context menu in first
place?

Glad that one is solved.
Colin Barnhorst

Re: MY RECYCLE BIN WAS DELETED
Because someone high up in MS likes a completely empty desktop and thought
everyone should. I'm not joking.

"GeraldF" <youare@somewhere.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.227c52d4d15bc3af98971f@news.microsoft.com ...
> In article <e1DL54xpIHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
> mikehall@remove_mvps.com says...
>
>> Here is an excellent page all about deleting Recycle Bin, how to get it
>> back, and how to stop it happening in the future..
>>
>> http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...ecycle_bin.htm
>>

> This was really helpful for me. Wonder why they put the
> possibility of deleting it from context menu in first
> place?
>
> Glad that one is solved.

Mike Hall - MVP

> Because someone high up in MS likes a completely empty desktop and thought
> everyone should. I'm not joking.
>
> "GeraldF" <youare@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> news:MPG.227c52d4d15bc3af98971f@news.microsoft.com ...
>> In article <e1DL54xpIHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
>> mikehall@remove_mvps.com says...
>>
>>> Here is an excellent page all about deleting Recycle Bin, how to get it
>>> back, and how to stop it happening in the future..
>>>
>>> http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...ecycle_bin.htm
>>>

>> This was really helpful for me. Wonder why they put the
>> possibility of deleting it from context menu in first
>> place?
>>
>> Glad that one is solved.

Presumably also responsible for the 'clean up unused desktop icons'
function.. :-)

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..