distorted sound and jumpy windows

treedodger

distorted sound and jumpy windows

i have just changed hard drives from windows xp on a 60 gig hard drive to
windows vista ultimate on a new hard drive 160 gig,
now the old HD had a spin seed of 4800 the new disk spins at 5400 both
IDE/ATA would this need a new driver or would this update itself in the
system.
i had a problem with the prationing but i think i got there in the end it
loaded ok
i done the microsoft vista upgrade test for my laptop and all was ok exept
for the lan card which needed a upgraded driver, done that with no problems.
on my frist boot up with vista windows start up sound was distorted and all
animations are all jumpy, when you open a window it starts up from the tray
at the bottom and jumps from size to size untill it gets to full size window
its not a smooth operaition,
i have joined the radarsyn2008 driver thing-gie which i found on this forum
and updated all my drivers but all these problems are still there,
things i've done so far is to the realtek hd audio f1.90 vista driver,
enhancement settings on and off no differance to the problem..
i've tryed several audio drivers i just left it at the newest
i gone through the msconfig clean boot had only 4 programs there which were
all add after the install
if anyone can help with this would be much appreciated.. ho yes i will need
how to do it help??..
also just been going through microsoft pages and they seem to be hanging and
i don't mean seconds i mean minutes...

this is my system info (don't laugh)

packard bell easynote w1801
OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name TERRYS-TOY-PC
System Manufacturer NEC Computers International
System Model Packard Bell EasyNote
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel® Celeron® M processor 1.50GHz, 1496 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1
Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date NEC R1.03, 28/11/2005
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
User Name terrys-toy-PC\terry
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 1.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 0.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 421 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.23 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.06 GB
Page File Space 1.28 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
ho yes and to top it all the bl***in clock keeps losing time..

--
what''s this then!
Mick Murphy

RE: distorted sound and jumpy windows
For best results you should be using a minimum of 2Gigs of RAM with Vista.
Also, you need 128MBs minimum of Graphics(Video Card) to run it!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"treedodger" wrote:

> i have just changed hard drives from windows xp on a 60 gig hard drive to
> windows vista ultimate on a new hard drive 160 gig,
> now the old HD had a spin seed of 4800 the new disk spins at 5400 both
> IDE/ATA would this need a new driver or would this update itself in the
> system.
> i had a problem with the prationing but i think i got there in the end it
> loaded ok
> i done the microsoft vista upgrade test for my laptop and all was ok exept
> for the lan card which needed a upgraded driver, done that with no problems.
> on my frist boot up with vista windows start up sound was distorted and all
> animations are all jumpy, when you open a window it starts up from the tray
> at the bottom and jumps from size to size untill it gets to full size window
> its not a smooth operaition,
> i have joined the radarsyn2008 driver thing-gie which i found on this forum
> and updated all my drivers but all these problems are still there,
> things i've done so far is to the realtek hd audio f1.90 vista driver,
> enhancement settings on and off no differance to the problem..
> i've tryed several audio drivers i just left it at the newest
> i gone through the msconfig clean boot had only 4 programs there which were
> all add after the install
> if anyone can help with this would be much appreciated.. ho yes i will need
> how to do it help??..
> also just been going through microsoft pages and they seem to be hanging and
> i don't mean seconds i mean minutes...
>
> this is my system info (don't laugh)
>
> packard bell easynote w1801
> OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate
> Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
> Other OS Description Not Available
> OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
> System Name TERRYS-TOY-PC
> System Manufacturer NEC Computers International
> System Model Packard Bell EasyNote
> System Type X86-based PC
> Processor Intel® Celeron® M processor 1.50GHz, 1496 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1
> Logical Processor(s)
> BIOS Version/Date NEC R1.03, 28/11/2005
> SMBIOS Version 2.3
> Windows Directory C:\Windows
> System Directory C:\Windows\system32
> Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
> Locale United Kingdom
> Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
> User Name terrys-toy-PC\terry
> Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
> Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 1.00 GB
> Total Physical Memory 0.99 GB
> Available Physical Memory 421 MB
> Total Virtual Memory 2.23 GB
> Available Virtual Memory 1.06 GB
> Page File Space 1.28 GB
> Page File C:\pagefile.sys
> ho yes and to top it all the bl***in clock keeps losing time..
>
> --
> what''s this then!

Colin Barnhorst

Re: distorted sound and jumpy windows
Actually, that's just for Home Premium. I suggest 3GB for Ultimate x86 and
agree with HP that 4GB is best for Ultimate x64.