'Bad' Vista update?

bdenley

'Bad' Vista update?
Windows had an update for me today. Some sort of update for Toshiba
Bluetooth hardware (I have a big Dell XPS 710 with the Dell bluetooth
keyboard and mouse). After that update, I had no mouse or keyboard and the
update 'failed' to find any driver. Attempting to restart my bluetooth
hardware was unsucessful as the system could no longer find my bluetooth
hardware. Luckily System Restore worked like a champ and all is well now.
However, Windows Update is still trying to get me to allow the update. I
have had to hide the update. How did this slip by the MS team?

Dell XPS 710
Vista Home Premium SP1

--
Brian Denley

PvdG42

Re: 'Bad' Vista update?
"bdenley" <b.denley@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Windows had an update for me today. Some sort of update for Toshiba
> Bluetooth hardware (I have a big Dell XPS 710 with the Dell bluetooth
> keyboard and mouse). After that update, I had no mouse or keyboard and
> the update 'failed' to find any driver. Attempting to restart my
> bluetooth hardware was unsucessful as the system could no longer find my
> bluetooth hardware. Luckily System Restore worked like a champ and all is
> well now. However, Windows Update is still trying to get me to allow the
> update. I have had to hide the update. How did this slip by the MS team?
>
> Dell XPS 710
> Vista Home Premium SP1
>
> --
> Brian Denley
> http://home.comcast.net/~b.denley/index.html

My two cents worth...

Rather than worry about who messed up, resolve *not* to accept hardware
driver updates via Windows Update. There have been numerous problems caused
by hardware drivers delivered via WU over time. I'd suggest the following:

If you think, because of an issue, that you need updated drivers for any
piece of hardware, get new drivers from the manufacturer directly and
install them yourself.

Don't install new drivers just because they are available, if your current
drivers are working well.

BigJim

Re: 'Bad' Vista update?
MS doesn't have a team, they have one old feeble programmer who wrote the
entire
code for Vista.