Reduce Restore Point to last one

Damalulu

Reduce Restore Point to last one
How do you do this. I can see all the restores but no button to get rid of
them........so how do you reduce to the last restore point?
Rick Rogers

Re: Reduce Restore Point to last one
Hi,

Older ones are automatically deleted as new ones are created or at 90 days
old. The only way to manually force removal of old points is to reduce the
amount of alloted space using the vssadmin command.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Damalulu" <Damalulu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you do this. I can see all the restores but no button to get rid
> of
> them........so how do you reduce to the last restore point?

xiowan

RE: Reduce Restore Point to last one
Hello "Damalulu":
Go to the Backup & Restore Center and select "change settings" under the
tasks listed on the left hand pane. Select System Protection tab on the
window that pops up. Under "Automatic restore points" you will see your hard
drives listed. If you uncheck the drives that have a check mark and click
Apply at the bottom, I believe all the previous restore points are removed.
You should immediately go back and put a check mark on the drive(s) that you
want a restore point automatically created and then immediately create a
restore point so you will at least have one to fall back on right away. I
would not recommend removing any restore points manually like this....you
never know if one of the saved ones might save an operating system re-install
and Vista automatically removes the older ones as new ones are added.j Good
luck.

xiowan...........in tucson

"Damalulu" wrote:

> How do you do this. I can see all the restores but no button to get rid of
> them........so how do you reduce to the last restore point?

PaulB

RE: Reduce Restore Point to last one
Select the Start Orb and type Disk cleanup. Select "disk cleanup" at the top
of menu.
Select all users, then C: drive and the More options tab. Under System
restore and shadow copies you will see the ability to delete all but the last
restore point
--
Paul

"Damalulu" wrote:

> How do you do this. I can see all the restores but no button to get rid of
> them........so how do you reduce to the last restore point?

xiowan

RE: Reduce Restore Point to last one
Hello "PaulB":
The more times I try to answer questions, the more I learn from someone
with a better solution! Thanks for explaining the easy way!

xiowan..........in tucson

"PaulB" wrote:

> Select the Start Orb and type Disk cleanup. Select "disk cleanup" at the top
> of menu.
> Select all users, then C: drive and the More options tab. Under System
> restore and shadow copies you will see the ability to delete all but the last
> restore point
> --
> Paul
>

> "Damalulu" wrote:
>
> > How do you do this. I can see all the restores but no button to get rid of
> > them........so how do you reduce to the last restore point?

PaulB

RE: Reduce Restore Point to last one
I find the same thing. You are welcome.
--
Paul

"xiowan" wrote:

> Hello "PaulB":
> The more times I try to answer questions, the more I learn from someone
> with a better solution! Thanks for explaining the easy way!
>
> xiowan..........in tucson
>
> "PaulB" wrote:
>
> > Select the Start Orb and type Disk cleanup. Select "disk cleanup" at the top
> > of menu.
> > Select all users, then C: drive and the More options tab. Under System
> > restore and shadow copies you will see the ability to delete all but the last
> > restore point
> > --
> > Paul
> >

> > "Damalulu" wrote:
> >
> > > How do you do this. I can see all the restores but no button to get rid of
> > > them........so how do you reduce to the last restore point?

Damalulu

RE: Reduce Restore Point to last one
PaulB thank you so much!
Damalulu