Problems Clicking

Chris

Problems Clicking
I have a 1-year old Satellite Laptop with Vista and plenty of RAM & the such.
Since last night when I try to click on something there is no response. No
right- or left-clicks have any results. This is happening every 5-60
minutes. The only way I can get it to work again is to Control - Alt -
Delete to get the Windows Task Manager. I don't have to do anything further
once that window opens since i'm now able to click again.

On a possible related issue, my mouse appears to have a loose connection -
probably from being banged around in my sachel so I have to jiggle the wire
to get the connection working. While very similar issue, I didn't think this
was the cause since my when the first problem happens both my mouse & my
laptop touchpad are unable to click, and I assumed if it related to my
apparent wire short then the touchpad wouldn't also have the problem.

Any suggestions? I appreciate any suggettions.
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Problems Clicking
If the mouse is connected to a hub, remove the hub. Your battery may be in
need of replacement.