sound problem

Vanokat

sound problem
I am having problems with the sound on Vista. Music plays fine until I open
anything else. If anything is loading music is severely distorted. I have
updated eveything there is. I cannot listen to any music on Myspace or watch
any videos on Youtube...HELP!
Colin Barnhorst

Re: sound problem
You need to fill us in on what computer, operating system, and sound card
you are using.

"Vanokat" <Vanokat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having problems with the sound on Vista. Music plays fine until I open
> anything else. If anything is loading music is severely distorted. I have
> updated eveything there is. I cannot listen to any music on Myspace or
> watch
> any videos on Youtube...HELP!

Vanokat

Re: sound problem

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> You need to fill us in on what computer, operating system, and sound card
> you are using.
>
> "Vanokat" <Vanokat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having problems with the sound on Vista. Music plays fine until I open
> > anything else. If anything is loading music is severely distorted. I have
> > updated eveything there is. I cannot listen to any music on Myspace or
> > watch
> > any videos on Youtube...HELP!

> I am using a HP desktop with Vista

How do I locate what kind of sound card??
Colin Barnhorst

Re: sound problem
Look in the device manager. As usual in Vista, just click on the Start Orb
and type "device manager" in Start/Search and hit Enter. Look down the list
to "Sound, video and game controller" and expand (click the plus). If you
right click on the device name and choose properties you can get further
details. Post back with the info.

> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> You need to fill us in on what computer, operating system, and sound card
>> you are using.
>>
>> "Vanokat" <Vanokat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am having problems with the sound on Vista. Music plays fine until I
>> >open
>> > anything else. If anything is loading music is severely distorted. I
>> > have
>> > updated eveything there is. I cannot listen to any music on Myspace or
>> > watch
>> > any videos on Youtube...HELP!

>> I am using a HP desktop with Vista

> How do I locate what kind of sound card??

Vanokat

Re: sound problem

Gee that was easy enough - I knew that but forgot...
Its Realtek Kigh Def. audio

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Look in the device manager. As usual in Vista, just click on the Start Orb
> and type "device manager" in Start/Search and hit Enter. Look down the list
> to "Sound, video and game controller" and expand (click the plus). If you
> right click on the device name and choose properties you can get further
> details. Post back with the info.
>

> "Vanokat" <Vanokat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
> >
> >> You need to fill us in on what computer, operating system, and sound card
> >> you are using.
> >>
> >> "Vanokat" <Vanokat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> I am using a HP desktop with Vista

> > How do I locate what kind of sound card??

Colin Barnhorst

Re: sound problem
What edition of Vista and is it x86 or x64?

Cal Bear reports in the next thread that new software came out today:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

Get it from your computer or motherboard manufacturer if you can or use the
link provided here.

Post back on the results.

> Gee that was easy enough - I knew that but forgot...
> Its Realtek Kigh Def. audio
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> Look in the device manager. As usual in Vista, just click on the Start
>> Orb
>> and type "device manager" in Start/Search and hit Enter. Look down the
>> list
>> to "Sound, video and game controller" and expand (click the plus). If
>> you
>> right click on the device name and choose properties you can get further
>> details. Post back with the info.
>>

>> "Vanokat" <Vanokat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > How do I locate what kind of sound card??

Vanokat

Re: sound problem
Don't know 86 or 64
System Info says... Windows Vista Home Premium
Version: Multiprocessor Free 6.0.6000

Will check out link. Thanks

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> What edition of Vista and is it x86 or x64?
>
> Cal Bear reports in the next thread that new software came out today:
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
>
> Get it from your computer or motherboard manufacturer if you can or use the
> link provided here.
>
> Post back on the results.
>
> "Vanokat" <Vanokat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Gee that was easy enough - I knew that but forgot...
> > Its Realtek Kigh Def. audio
> >
> > "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
> >
> >> Look in the device manager. As usual in Vista, just click on the Start
> >> Orb
> >> and type "device manager" in Start/Search and hit Enter. Look down the
> >> list
> >> to "Sound, video and game controller" and expand (click the plus). If
> >> you
> >> right click on the device name and choose properties you can get further
> >> details. Post back with the info.

Colin Barnhorst

Re: sound problem
It will tell you on the system properties page under "System Type" if you
are using VHP x64. Right click on Computer and choose Properties.

> Don't know 86 or 64
> System Info says... Windows Vista Home Premium
> Version: Multiprocessor Free 6.0.6000
>
> Will check out link. Thanks
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> What edition of Vista and is it x86 or x64?
>>
>> Cal Bear reports in the next thread that new software came out today:
>> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
>>
>> Get it from your computer or motherboard manufacturer if you can or use
>> the
>> link provided here.
>>
>> Post back on the results.
>>
>> "Vanokat" <Vanokat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Gee that was easy enough - I knew that but forgot...
>> > Its Realtek Kigh Def. audio

Vanokat

Re: sound problem

OK Under system type it says - 32 bit OS

I DL the Realtek driver from the link you provided - it actually helped
somewhat but still cracks and breaks up when I open a program.

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> It will tell you on the system properties page under "System Type" if you
> are using VHP x64. Right click on Computer and choose Properties.
>
> "Vanokat" <Vanokat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Don't know 86 or 64
> > System Info says... Windows Vista Home Premium
> > Version: Multiprocessor Free 6.0.6000
> >
> > Will check out link. Thanks
> >
> > "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
> >
> >> What edition of Vista and is it x86 or x64?
> >>
> >> Cal Bear reports in the next thread that new software came out today:
> >> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
> >>
> >> Get it from your computer or motherboard manufacturer if you can or use
> >> the
> >> link provided here.
> >>
> >> Post back on the results.

Colin Barnhorst

Re: sound problem
Do a clean boot and see if the problem persists. That will rule out a third
party program causing the issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796