Problem with extended desktop to multiple monitors when screen saver comes on

cyrus

Problem with extended desktop to multiple monitors when screen saver comes on
I have a Vista Ultimate laptop connected to two monitors. I can extend my
desktop to the second monitor just fine. But when I come back from a
meeting, and my screen saver has been on, my desktop is no longer extended.
Both monitors show the display for monitor 1.

The setting is still correct under Display settings and I can fix the issue
by changing Monitor 2 to be the main monitor and then switching it back to
Monitor 1 being the main monitor.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a known fix?

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Problem with extended desktop to multiple monitors when screen saver comes on
Have you checked to be sure you have the latest video drivers installed?

"cyrus" <cyrus@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I have a Vista Ultimate laptop connected to two monitors. I can extend my
>desktop to the second monitor just fine. But when I come back from a
>meeting, and my screen saver has been on, my desktop is no longer extended.
>Both monitors show the display for monitor 1.
>
> The setting is still correct under Display settings and I can fix the
> issue by changing Monitor 2 to be the main monitor and then switching it
> back to Monitor 1 being the main monitor.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a known fix?

Synapse Syndrome

Re: Problem with extended desktop to multiple monitors when screen saver comes on
"cyrus" <cyrus@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I have a Vista Ultimate laptop connected to two monitors. I can extend my
>desktop to the second monitor just fine. But when I come back from a
>meeting, and my screen saver has been on, my desktop is no longer extended.
>Both monitors show the display for monitor 1.
>
> The setting is still correct under Display settings and I can fix the
> issue by changing Monitor 2 to be the main monitor and then switching it
> back to Monitor 1 being the main monitor.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a known fix?

I have noticed that I have do swap the monitors over depending on what OS
installation I am using. It seems to happen randomly, and has really
annoyed me. I use desktop monitors, with UltraMon, which allows you to turn
off the secondary monitor, or swap them around very quickly.
www.ultramon.com

ss.

cyrus

Re: Problem with extended desktop to multiple monitors when screen saver comes on
It does seem to be working better after upgrading the drivers. Thanks for
the idea.

Cyrus