Vista 64 and wireless

legend0fthefall

Vista 64 and wireless

Hallo Hallo again all

I thought I had it all figured out as to which wireless adapter I was
going to pick up for 64bit vista...

Now I am not so sure.

First and foremost, I have ZERO access to a land line. ZERO. So that
means NO routers.

I am restricted to a pci wireless adapter or a usb wireless adapter.

I plan on picking up the new draft n. No, the router it will hook to
isn't a draft n so I know I won't benefit from the speed of n, but the
range on n is a lot better and more reliable against interference....say
from microwaves and/or 2.4ghz phones.

I WAS looking at D-link. For a couple of my options. BUT....I
currently own a D-link PCI adapter. FOR THE LIFE of me, I could NEVER
keep it connected for more than an hour at a time. Sometimes less. It
would just, disconnect. It detects the signal and connects to the
signal but won't go beyond that...no internet activity at all. (yes, i
have IP6 disabled and have even played around with the netsh command
line to try and fix it)

So I have an old linksys b (yeah, b) usb wireless adapter. I plugged
it in and I have YET to have a problem. It's been going strong for 7
hours now.

And this is on Vista 32.

Now I am wondering if it is just some kind of Vista issue with D-Link.

So, I guess, I am asking for a few of your recommendations on a pci or
usb wireless adapter that works for 64bit Vista.

The reason I am asking is they seem to be REALLY hard to find. REALLY
hard....

--
legend0fthefall
Barb Bowman

Re: Vista 64 and wireless
http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Pro...=v&cid=711&g=d

sort by certified for x64

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
legend0fthefall

Re: Vista 64 and wireless

Barb Bowman;691728 Wrote:
> 'Windows Quality Online Services: Windows Vista Hardware
> Compatibility List'
> (http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Pro...=v&cid=711&g=d)
>
> sort by certified for x64
>

> Barb Bowman
> MS-MVP
> 'Previous Columns by Barb Bowman'
> (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx)
> 'Barb's Connected World' (http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/)

Oh my....THAT REALLY HELPS!!!

TY TY TY TY

I have tried and tried and tried to find SOME kind of list like that.
Absolutely everything I have found is dated 2006 or early 2007. Nothing
anywhere near as complete and up to date as that.

--
legend0fthefall