Low Disk Space Warning?

Ray19

Low Disk Space Warning?
I am using a Vista Ultimate system on a Dell XPS 420 computer with a Terabyte
hard drive.
I keep getting this message flag from my Taskbar ---
" Low Disk Space.
You are running out of disk space on RECOVERY (D. To free space on this
drive by deleting old or unneccesary files click here."
I click on user files but there's no space available to delete. The user
files shown (Office setup files and Recycle bin) have 0 bytes available.
What gives and do I need to do something? Or, do I just ignore this repeated
warning? It is a litttle aggravating! I have one other selection available,
which I haven't tried, when I click on this flag which is to clean up all
users files. Should I try this option?
Thanks for any input provided.
Ray19
t-4-2

Re: Low Disk Space Warning?

Ray19;691317 Wrote:
> I am using a Vista Ultimate system on a Dell XPS 420 computer with a
> Terabyte
> hard drive.
> I keep getting this message flag from my Taskbar ---
> " Low Disk Space.
> You are running out of disk space on RECOVERY (D. To free space on
> this
> drive by deleting old or unneccesary files click here."
> I click on user files but there's no space available to delete. The
> user
> files shown (Office setup files and Recycle bin) have 0 bytes
> available.
> What gives and do I need to do something? Or, do I just ignore this
> repeated
> warning? It is a litttle aggravating! I have one other selection
> available,
> which I haven't tried, when I click on this flag which is to clean up
> all
> users files. Should I try this option?
> Thanks for any input provided.
> Ray19

Hello Ray19,
" ---when I click on this flag ----", do you mean " defrag " ? Please
elaborate more precisely.

--
t-4-2
Charles W Davis

Re: Low Disk Space Warning?

>I am using a Vista Ultimate system on a Dell XPS 420 computer with a
>Terabyte
> hard drive.
> I keep getting this message flag from my Taskbar ---
> " Low Disk Space.
> You are running out of disk space on RECOVERY (D. To free space on this
> drive by deleting old or unneccesary files click here."
> I click on user files but there's no space available to delete. The user
> files shown (Office setup files and Recycle bin) have 0 bytes available.
> What gives and do I need to do something? Or, do I just ignore this
> repeated
> warning? It is a litttle aggravating! I have one other selection
> available,
> which I haven't tried, when I click on this flag which is to clean up all
> users files. Should I try this option?
> Thanks for any input provided.
> Ray19

Ray, the RECOVERY (D is simply a partitiion that contains the file
necessary for you to create recovery DVDs (3) or CDs (16). You should be
placing nothing in that "disk." If you haven't created the recovery disks, I
suggest that you do so soon. If you have to order them from Dell, I believe
the price is around $30 and it takes a couple of weeks. These disks used to
be provided in the box on shipment. Just hope that you haven't corrupted the
file.

Mick Murphy

Re: Low Disk Space Warning?
Stop mentioning Defrag re: "running low on disk space"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a menace here!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"t-4-2" wrote:

> Ray19;691317 Wrote:
> > I am using a Vista Ultimate system on a Dell XPS 420 computer with a
> > Terabyte
> > hard drive.
> > I keep getting this message flag from my Taskbar ---
> > " Low Disk Space.
> > You are running out of disk space on RECOVERY (D. To free space on
> > this
> > drive by deleting old or unneccesary files click here."
> > I click on user files but there's no space available to delete. The
> > user
> > files shown (Office setup files and Recycle bin) have 0 bytes
> > available.
> > What gives and do I need to do something? Or, do I just ignore this
> > repeated
> > warning? It is a litttle aggravating! I have one other selection
> > available,
> > which I haven't tried, when I click on this flag which is to clean up
> > all
> > users files. Should I try this option?
> > Thanks for any input provided.
> > Ray19

> Hello Ray19,
> " ---when I click on this flag ----", do you mean " defrag " ? Please
> elaborate more precisely.
>

> --
> t-4-2

bace

Re: Low Disk Space Warning?

Hello guys,

I am having the same problem on my HP Pavilion laptop. My laptop
crashed the other day, it couldnt boot till windows so i used recovery
by pressing f9 i guess. After it finished, somehow my recovery disk (D)
was full, and it wasnt before. Any suggestions how can i fix this?

Thanks and sorry for my grammar, i am not English.

--
bace