Windows Aero & Desktop Quick Launch gone!

Brianm10

Windows Aero & Desktop Quick Launch gone!
Hi.

I recently used a program called One Click Privacy to clean my system and it
wiped my Quick Launch folder. I have managed to create a new folder and add
a few items, however, I can't find the Windows Aero item to add a shortcut to
the quick launch folder. Also, I can't figure out how to add the Desktop
shortcut to the folder (i.e. the 'Show The Desktop' option from the task bar).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not a PC pro and I'm still
trying to get used to the Vista features!
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Windows Aero & Desktop Quick Launch gone!
If you are talking about Switcher, just click on the Start Orb, type
"switch", right click on Send To, choose desktop, then drag it to the QL
bar. I don't see a Place on Quick Launch in the context menu like most
programs (it should be there) so do the old style drag and drop.

"Brianm10" <Brianm10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsAAF3709-E1DC-4711-9871-446CEAA8C6C7@microsoft.com...
> Hi.
>
> I recently used a program called One Click Privacy to clean my system and
> it
> wiped my Quick Launch folder. I have managed to create a new folder and
> add
> a few items, however, I can't find the Windows Aero item to add a shortcut
> the quick launch folder. Also, I can't figure out how to add the Desktop
> shortcut to the folder (i.e. the 'Show The Desktop' option from the task
> bar).
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not a PC pro and I'm still
> trying to get used to the Vista features!

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Windows Aero & Desktop Quick Launch gone!
Clarification: I am talking about right clicking on the icon that appears
on the top of the list that appears when you type "switch." Do not hit
Enter or you will actually run switcher.