Trust WB-1100G Webcam

HarryP

Trust WB-1100G Webcam
I don't seem to be able to load the webcam drivers on our laptop with Vista
though it all works fine from our desk top which has good old XP on it.
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Trust WB-1100G Webcam
There are no Vista drivers for the WB-1100G. The latest drivers are for XP
and XP webcam drivers usually won't work in Vista. Contact Trust to see
when they plan drivers for XP.

"HarryP" <HarryP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I don't seem to be able to load the webcam drivers on our laptop with Vista
> though it all works fine from our desk top which has good old XP on it.

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Trust WB-1100G Webcam
Correction: "...when they plan drivers for Vista."

"Colin Barnhorst" <c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote in message
> There are no Vista drivers for the WB-1100G. The latest drivers are for
> XP and XP webcam drivers usually won't work in Vista. Contact Trust to
> see when they plan drivers for XP.
>
> "HarryP" <HarryP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I don't seem to be able to load the webcam drivers on our laptop with
>>Vista
>> though it all works fine from our desk top which has good old XP on it.

locris

Re: Trust WB-1100G Webcam

Subj: RE: Trust 0810-1919-4331 - EN - 13177 - Webcam WB-1100G
Date: 20/10/2008 09:03:41 GMT Standard Time
From: Support2.exp@trust.com
To: johnev4ns@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Dear customer,

We regret to inform that this product is not compatible with Vista.
There are no Vista drivers available.
We always try to keep our products functional for as long as possible.
As a result of the quick succession of developments in this sector and
the age of some products, we are sometimes no longer able to keep
products compatible with the frequent release of new operating
systems,
such as Windows Vista. Unfortunately, this is the case for your
product.
It is good, however, that you have always been able to use the product
in the past, but the technology used is no longer compatible with the
new operating system. We apologize for this.
A clear example that shows that many old technologies no longer work
in
Windows Vista is the operating system itself.
There are two possible solutions:
1. You can continue to use your old operating system.
2. You can purchase a new product that is compatible with the new
operating system. The advantage of this option is that the purchase
price of the new product is less than your current product, the
performance is much faster and/or better and you have a full warranty
again.

Best regards,

Veronika Mikhaylichenko
Trust Customer Care

_______Important announcement ________

In view of the nature of this medium, further correspondence is
sometimes necessary.

We, therefore, request you to include your reaction at the top of the
current message by selecting 'reply'.

This will save unnecessary delay in dealing with the message caused by
searching for previous correspondence.

--
locris
locris's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/locris.htm