Microsoft Word Not Saving Onto CD ROM

Rhea

Microsoft Word Not Saving Onto CD ROM
Hello,

I don't know what has happen but, all of a sudden when i am in Microsoft
word and i try to click save as to save something onto the cd-ROM(CD Drive H)
it gives me a message saying:

Incorrect function and then i click okay and it follows it by saying

You do not have access to this folder 'H:/'. see your administrator for
access to this folder.

How do i fix this?

Thank You With Any Help.

Gordon

Re: Microsoft Word Not Saving Onto CD ROM
"Rhea" <Rhea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I don't know what has happen but, all of a sudden when i am in Microsoft
> word and i try to click save as to save something onto the cd-ROM(CD Drive
> H)
> it gives me a message saying:
>
> Incorrect function and then i click okay and it follows it by saying
>
> You do not have access to this folder 'H:/'. see your administrator for
> access to this folder.
>
> How do i fix this?
>
> Thank You With Any Help.

You can't save-as directly onto a CD unless it is a CDRW that has been
formatted for packet writing AFAIK. You have to save to your HDD and then
burn the file to a CDR(W) in a separate operation. That's always how it's
been AFAIR

Rhea

Re: Microsoft Word Not Saving Onto CD ROM
Gordon,

Sorry about the confunsion. It wont let me save anything perdiod onto a
cd-r. no matter if it is already saved on the hard drive and it is in my
documents or what not. No matter how i try to put something on the cd-r it
tells me the same message about:
You do not have access to this folder 'H:/'. see your administrator for
access to this folder.

This is a new problem, i use to save files on the cd-r all the time so i
know how. I just dont know how to get to the administrator to change whatever
has been messed up. I am the main account on the computer and don't
understand why i am getting the message regarding not having access.

> Gordon,
>
> Sorry about the confunsion. It wont let me save anything perdiod onto a
> cd-r. no matter if it is already saved on the hard drive and it is in my
> documents or what not. No matter how i try to put something on the cd-r it
> tells me the same message about:
> You do not have access to this folder 'H:/'. see your administrator for
> access to this folder.

It may be that the CD drive has packed up. they do you know! How old is it?