Keyboard and Mouse don't work on Login

JustJoshin

Keyboard and Mouse don't work on Login

Hey,

I'm running Vista Business on a new work PC.

I've had a few of the standard bugs that I've been able to fix with a
few patches and memory swaps but there's one that I can't seem to get
rid of.

Everytime (without fail) I turn on my PC and I come to the login screen
where I have to press Alt+Ctrl+Del the Mouse and Keyboard are inactive.

However if I reset the computer the next time it'll work fine (without
fail). It only seems to happen after I've switched off the power at the
wall or have shut down properly.

I'm using standard keyboard and laser mouse (not wireless) and yeah
typically they're microsoft brand. The Mouse is still lit up as are the
num and F lock keys on the keyboard.

I've had a look around online and I can't seem to find anything
remotely like this. Any ideas?

Josh

--
JustJoshin
JustJoshin

Re: Keyboard and Mouse don't work on Login

Also just worked out that if I restart the computer through the start
menu when it's already running the keyboard and mouse are in working
order at the login screen.

Also dispite the F and Num lock lights being lit up, pressing the Num
or F lock buttons won't turn the lights off so it's completely
non-responsive.

Any help guys?

--
JustJoshin
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Keyboard and Mouse don't work on Login
Does another keyboard behave differently? Did the keyboard and mouse come
with the computer? If not, what are the details? If so, contact your
computer manufacturer for possible replacement of whatever is defective.

"JustJoshin" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hey,
>
> I'm running Vista Business on a new work PC.
>
> I've had a few of the standard bugs that I've been able to fix with a
> few patches and memory swaps but there's one that I can't seem to get
> rid of.
>
> Everytime (without fail) I turn on my PC and I come to the login screen
> where I have to press Alt+Ctrl+Del the Mouse and Keyboard are inactive.
>
> However if I reset the computer the next time it'll work fine (without
> fail). It only seems to happen after I've switched off the power at the
> wall or have shut down properly.
>
> I'm using standard keyboard and laser mouse (not wireless) and yeah
> typically they're microsoft brand. The Mouse is still lit up as are the
> num and F lock keys on the keyboard.
>
> I've had a look around online and I can't seem to find anything
> remotely like this. Any ideas?
>
> Josh
>

> --
> JustJoshin

JustJoshin

Re: Keyboard and Mouse don't work on Login

Thanks for the advice. Turns out the keyboard was a USB and was plugged
into the keyboard port with an adaptor so I plugged it straight into the
USB port and it solved all of my problems.

--
JustJoshin