avast antivirus..help please!!

Gui..

avast antivirus..help please!!
hi u guys!!

huuhh first of all my windows isnt vista,is't XP,but i didnt find the right
community for it so i decided to post here..if somebody knows,please answer
me,it's important for me and my pc...READ IT I IMPLORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
today i was seeing some photos on google images..everyone know that on
google the images are little,then we gotta click the photos to enlarge them...
well i clicked one and as usual,under the image that appears,there's the
site where it came from..when the page loaded,the following message appeared:
"welcome to..." (i forgot the name of the site)
so i just clicked ok...right after,avast antivirus found a virus...and on
the message shown was telling me to desconnect...well i clicked 'desconnect'
and then i closed the web page....i ran the antivirus on my pc and avast
found no more viruses,but i don't know if the virus is outta my pc..
what does the command 'desconnect' mean on the avast message???

John Barnes

Re: avast antivirus..help please!!
You need to go to the Avast site or group. Their help support forum is
http://forum.avast.com

"Gui.." <Gui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi u guys!!
>
> huuhh first of all my windows isnt vista,is't XP,but i didnt find the
> right
> community for it so i decided to post here..if somebody knows,please
> answer
> me,it's important for me and my pc...READ IT I IMPLORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> today i was seeing some photos on google images..everyone know that on
> google the images are little,then we gotta click the photos to enlarge
> them...
> well i clicked one and as usual,under the image that appears,there's the
> site where it came from..when the page loaded,the following message
> appeared:
> "welcome to..." (i forgot the name of the site)
> so i just clicked ok...right after,avast antivirus found a virus...and on
> the message shown was telling me to desconnect...well i clicked
> 'desconnect'
> and then i closed the web page....i ran the antivirus on my pc and avast
> found no more viruses,but i don't know if the virus is outta my pc..
> what does the command 'desconnect' mean on the avast message???

Colin Barnhorst

Re: avast antivirus..help please!!
Post to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general for XP
and http://forum.avast.com/ for Avast user-to-user support.

"Gui.." <Gui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi u guys!!
>
> huuhh first of all my windows isnt vista,is't XP,but i didnt find the
> right
> community for it so i decided to post here..if somebody knows,please
> answer
> me,it's important for me and my pc...READ IT I IMPLORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> today i was seeing some photos on google images..everyone know that on
> google the images are little,then we gotta click the photos to enlarge
> them...
> well i clicked one and as usual,under the image that appears,there's the
> site where it came from..when the page loaded,the following message
> appeared:
> "welcome to..." (i forgot the name of the site)
> so i just clicked ok...right after,avast antivirus found a virus...and on
> the message shown was telling me to desconnect...well i clicked
> 'desconnect'
> and then i closed the web page....i ran the antivirus on my pc and avast
> found no more viruses,but i don't know if the virus is outta my pc..
> what does the command 'desconnect' mean on the avast message???

Gordon

Re: avast antivirus..help please!!
"Gui.." <Gui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi u guys!!
>
> huuhh first of all my windows isnt vista,is't XP,but i didnt find the
> right
> community for it so i decided to post here

But you didn't stop at that - you multiposted to FIVE different VISTA
groups. Why couldn't you find an XP group? There are many of them...

rturnier's Avatar

rturnier is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Barnhorst View Post
Post to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general for XP
and avast!WEBforum - Index for Avast user-to-user support.

"Gui.." <Gui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi u guys!!
>
> huuhh first of all my windows isnt vista,is't XP,but i didnt find the
> right
> community for it so i decided to post here..if somebody knows,please
> answer
> me,it's important for me and my pc...READ IT I IMPLORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> today i was seeing some photos on google images..everyone know that on
> google the images are little,then we gotta click the photos to enlarge
> them...
> well i clicked one and as usual,under the image that appears,there's the
> site where it came from..when the page loaded,the following message
> appeared:
> "welcome to..." (i forgot the name of the site)
> so i just clicked ok...right after,avast antivirus found a virus...and on
> the message shown was telling me to desconnect...well i clicked
> 'desconnect'
> and then i closed the web page....i ran the antivirus on my pc and avast
> found no more viruses,but i don't know if the virus is outta my pc..
> what does the command 'desconnect' mean on the avast message???

true..many xp groups however,generally avast's action is "move to chest" so i'm not sure.. and you mean disconnect , yes? whatever, if you ran an indepth scan w/avast, and found nothing chances are there IS NOTHING . Avast is very reliable.
Go take your energy elsewhere
RJB

Re: avast antivirus..help please!!
yeah, I've had sites that sent bots or virus etc... like that...

If you disconnected and IF Avast is any good then what happens is, when you
close IE7 the files are deleted .. (If you have the option selected to
delete them in IE that is ))

I use Trendmicro myself, but even after closing IE, I run the scan feature
before getting back online..

--
RJB