Samsung LCD 740bPlus monitor does not support rotation / pivot on Windows Vista

Daniel Callegari

Samsung LCD 740bPlus monitor does not support rotation / pivot on Windows Vista
Hello,

I am running Windows Vista and I can't figure out how to enable monitor
rotation.
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 740B Plus.

I have already downloaded Vista Service pack 1, most recent monitor and
chipset (Intel) drivers and I have even tried Samsung's Magic Rotation
software.

Magic Rotation refuses to work on my computer (it just displays a message
regarding "incompatibility with this system", although Samsung's web site
says it is compatible).

Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Rutetuti

Re: Samsung LCD 740bPlus monitor does not support rotation / pivot on Windows Vista
Hi,

Is this not a factor of your graphics card driver/software?
I have an ATI card and rotation can be achieved through the Catalyst Control
Centre. Perhaps you have an older card or need to update the drivers?

Good luck.

"Daniel Callegari" <dac@zapmania.com.br> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am running Windows Vista and I can't figure out how to enable monitor
> rotation.
> Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 740B Plus.
>
> I have already downloaded Vista Service pack 1, most recent monitor and
> chipset (Intel) drivers and I have even tried Samsung's Magic Rotation
> software.
>
> Magic Rotation refuses to work on my computer (it just displays a message
> regarding "incompatibility with this system", although Samsung's web site
> says it is compatible).
>
> Any other ideas?
> Thanks in advance,
> Daniel

Daniel Callegari

Re: Samsung LCD 740bPlus monitor does not support rotation / pivot on Windows Vista
Thanks for the reply, Rutetuti.

This is a *new* Dell notebook (Inspiron 1525) with an Intel graphics card.
I have installed the latest drivers with and without help from tech support.
I have also cheched Intel's web site for the card's specs, and, yes, it
supports rotation (pivot).

I have succesfuly used rotation with this monitor on my old Toshiba notebook
(Win XP and Intel graphics card).
So, the problem is not the monitor, neither the Intel chipset.

If Intel says it supports, and Samsung says its software works on Vista,
then what else could be wrong?

Any ideas are appreciated.
Daniel