What next? No wireless found: No problems either

Curt in Budapest

What next? No wireless found: No problems either
Dell Ispiron 1420 - almost brand new. Vista Home. A collegue from another
office brings it to me.
It cannot see my wireless network! (It can't see it in her office either)

(I verify that it is on, check all the settings - It can't see a thing.)
Cable network connection works perfectly.
I bring it to my computer dealer - same thing. He thinks setting are fine.
I do Dell connect over the internet - Yes Dell says, it is fine.

Obviously a hardware problem - right? . . . Sigh.
My desktop computer (asus m2n32-sli deluxe) also has wireless. (Vista Prof.)
It worked perfectly. Well, until I had to re-install Vista.
Now it doesn't matter how many times I load the driver - it cannot see any
wireless network.

Two computers - exact same symptoms. And a hardware problem is very doubtfull.
(Last fall I also had wireless issues on two computers- no ip address that
time)

My bets are on Vista or Vista Update. Or some needle in a haystack setting.

Help me Vista people - you are my only hope.

WHAT NEXT? Do I uninstall all my Vista updates? Reinstall all of them?
I hate doing major surgery when the issue looks so minor.

William Anderson

RE: What next? No wireless found: No problems either
Hey there Curt,

I know that there's been issues with the Wireless cards in the Dells for
Vista. (I have a D630 and went through some issues as well)
Dumb Question, have you grabbed the latest drivers from Dell's support
website at www.support.dell.com? I'd start there first. Also, try
completely uninstalling the driver and software for the wireless card and
install the driver only. My solution for the D630s was that we just had to
uninstall and reinstall until it took. For some reason the installer is
funky and I'm almost positive that your wireless card is the same model.

Let me know if it works!

Best Regards,

Will