VISTA Ultimate in My iMAC Core 2 Duo-- Problem!

STRiLLiONE

VISTA Ultimate in My iMAC Core 2 Duo-- Problem!
I installed Vista Ultimate in my 2.4 G. Core 2 Duo iMAC.

Problems:

1. Vista didn't Recognized my ATI Video card. So I cant use Media Center
Contents and play DVD.

2. NO SOUND.

Any Solutions?

Thanks!

--STRiLLiONE
www.SHOCKPROOFStudios.com
Malke

Re: VISTA Ultimate in My iMAC Core 2 Duo-- Problem!
STRiLLiONE wrote:

> I installed Vista Ultimate in my 2.4 G. Core 2 Duo iMAC.
>
> Problems:
>
> 1. Vista didn't Recognized my ATI Video card. So I cant use Media Center
> Contents and play DVD.
>
> 2. NO SOUND.
>
> Any Solutions?

After you installed Vista with Boot Camp, did you run the Boot Camp
Assistant from within Vista? If not, you need to do this because this will
install the necessary drivers from Apple.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Colin Barnhorst

Re: VISTA Ultimate in My iMAC Core 2 Duo-- Problem!
Actually, he needs to insert the Leopard dvd in Vista and let the drivers
installer run. It will autorun and install the video, sound, keyboard, and
the rest of the drivers. It isn't done from Boot Camp. About all that icon
is for is to set the default boot for the Mac itself.

> STRiLLiONE wrote:
>
>> I installed Vista Ultimate in my 2.4 G. Core 2 Duo iMAC.
>>
>> Problems:
>>
>> 1. Vista didn't Recognized my ATI Video card. So I cant use Media Center
>> Contents and play DVD.
>>
>> 2. NO SOUND.
>>
>> Any Solutions?

> After you installed Vista with Boot Camp, did you run the Boot Camp
> Assistant from within Vista? If not, you need to do this because this will
> install the necessary drivers from Apple.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!

Donald L McDaniel

Re: VISTA Ultimate in My iMAC Core 2 Duo-- Problem!
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:50:22 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
<c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote:

>Actually, he needs to insert the Leopard dvd in Vista and let the drivers
>installer run. It will autorun and install the video, sound, keyboard, and
>the rest of the drivers. It isn't done from Boot Camp. About all that icon
>is for is to set the default boot for the Mac itself.

This is absolutely correct:
When running an installation of Windows on your Apple Intel PC,
1) It is NOT "installed on OS X". PERIOD!
2) It is NOT "installed on a BootCamp Partition". PERIOD!
3) It is NOT "running under OS X". PERIOD
4) It is NOT "running under BootCamp". PERIOD.

It IS,
1) Installed on a WINDOWS Partition.
2) Running ALONE, WITHOUT interference from OS X. IN fact, OS X does
not even EXIST, as far as Windows is concerned.
3) It is in NO WAY running under OS X. PERIOD.!
4) It is in NO WAY "running under BootCamp".
5) It was NOT, in ANY WAY, "Installed by BootCamp." PERIOD.

Windows is installed by its OWN installer.
OS X is installedby its OWN installer.
And NEVER the twain shall meet.

Windows Vista is an OPERATING SYSTEM.
the Macintosh OS is an OPERATING SYSTEM (even Macintosh OS 10.5.x).

The Apple Intel PC is just that: A PC. PERIOD.
An APPLE INTEL PC can RUN COMPLETELY WITHOUT OS X. PERIOD!
An Apple Intel PC can RUN COMPLETELY WITHOUT Windows. PERIOD!

There is NO SUCH THING as a "MAC OS PC." PERIOD.
There is NO SUCH THING AS a "Windows PC". PERIOD.

With (or without) OS X and/or Windows installed on the SAME PC,
Your Apple Macintosh computer is just that: A COMPUTER. PERIOD.

With Windows ONLY installed on your Apple Macintosh computer, it is
just that: an Intel-based computer, branded by Apple.
With Windows ONLY installed on a NON-Apple-branded computer, the
computer is just that: a "non-Apple-branded computer."

Does everyone, (especially you Mac fans) understand this yet?

There is NOTHING SPECIAL about either the Macintosh OS, OR the Apple
Intel-based Macintosh PC, or the two TOGETHER.

The Macintosh is a PC (i.e., "a Personal Computer"). The Mac OS is
just that: "an operating system."

The Trademark "Apple" attached to it does NOT make it in ANYWAY "not a
P.C."
With Windows Vista as its OS, it is STILL "just a P.C."
With the Macintosh OS on it as its OS, it is STILL "just a P.C."

The term "P.C." is a GENERIC term, meaning "ANY PERSONAL COMPUTER."
The term "Apple Macintosh PC" is a SPECIFIC term, meaning EXPRESSLY,
"A PERSONAL COMPUTER branded and sold by Apple, Inc."
The Term "Acer PC" is a SPECIFIC term,meaning EXPRESSLY, "A PERSONAL
COMPUTER branded and sold by Acer, Inc."

EITHER of the above PCs can run the Windows OS as their exclusive OS.
EITHER of the above PCs can run the Linux OS as their exclusive OS.
EITHER of the above PCs can run the Macintosh OS as their exclusive
OS.

Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE "INTEL-BASED PCs".

Got it yet, guys?

>"Malke" <malke@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> STRiLLiONE wrote:
>>
>>> I installed Vista Ultimate in my 2.4 G. Core 2 Duo iMAC.
>>>
>>> Problems:
>>>
>>> 1. Vista didn't Recognized my ATI Video card. So I cant use Media Center
>>> Contents and play DVD.
>>>
>>> 2. NO SOUND.

Install the Macintosh drivers for Windows if you want to be able to
use your ATI video card, sound, and Windows Media Centre.

Question: Were you able to use that particular card on a
NON-APPLE-BRANDED P.C. without drivers?

Of course not.

INSTALL the drivers!!

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the correct thread and article.
Tom Lake

"Donald L McDaniel" <orthocross@invalid.invalid.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:50:22 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
> <c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote:

> The term "P.C." is a GENERIC term, meaning "ANY PERSONAL COMPUTER."

Maybe where you come from that's true but around here we still use the term PC
to specifically refer to an IBM-compatible computer and Mac to refer to anything
by Apple. Even though the Intel-based Macs have now destroyed the distinction,
the terminology will continue for a long time. Do you remember the mid-70's?
People still referred to memory as "core" even though magnetic cores hadn't been
used for years and never on micros. It took a long time for people to start calling
solid-state memory RAM.

Tom Lake

Donald L McDaniel

Re: VISTA Ultimate in My iMAC Core 2 Duo-- Problem!
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:54:21 -0400, "Tom Lake"
<toml_12953@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Donald L McDaniel" <orthocross@invalid.invalid.com> wrote in message
>news:ca5f04lesp7su6msv3gteqi1g75cs46pb8@4ax.com.. .
>> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:50:22 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
>> <c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote:

>> The term "P.C." is a GENERIC term, meaning "ANY PERSONAL COMPUTER."

>Maybe where you come from that's true but around here we still use the term PC
>to specifically refer to an IBM-compatible computer and Mac to refer to anything
>by Apple. Even though the Intel-based Macs have now destroyed the distinction,
>the terminology will continue for a long time. Do you remember the mid-70's?
>People still referred to memory as "core" even though magnetic cores hadn't been
>used for years and never on micros. It took a long time for people to start calling
>solid-state memory RAM.
>
>Tom Lake

You know, Tom, I really don't care what the "state of the language"
is.

The facts are,
"Apple" is a brand, not a "computer".
"Macintosh OS" is an "operating system" not a "computer", and will run
with little trouble on ANY Intel-based PC.
"MIcrosoft" is a brand, not an "operating system, OR "a P.C."
"MIcrosoft Windows Operating System" is an "operating system produced
by MIcrosoft for the Intel CPU and architecture."

I am NOT attempting to show that a Macintosh PC is a "Windows PC".
Nor am I attempting to show that a "Windows PC" is "a Macintosh PC",
if it is running OSX", since "Windows PCs", per se, do not exist.
PERIOD. Microsoft produces the Windows Operating System, NOT the
"Windows Computer".

The facts are, I've installed XP, Vista, and OS X all on my Apple
Intel PC, either as dual-boots, or as exclusive OSes. Additionally, I
installed them all using their NATIVE installers, WITHOUT using OS X
in ANY WAY. Period.

IN EVERY CASE, the desktop of an Apple-branded Intel PC with Vista as
the exclusive OS looks EXACTLY like the desktop of EVERY OTHER branded
PC.

The facts are, MANY,MANY Mac fans are UNABLE to get beyond the
propaganda drummed into their heads by Apple that a PC consists of (1)
a computer, and (2) the MAC OS. They've even managed to propagandize
the minds of MANY, MANY owners of Intel-Based OSes -- possibly even
yourself.

This is NOT acceptable to me, and to many others, I am sure.

Apple propaganda is simply NOT TRUE, whether they believe it or not.
They will NEVER be able join the rest of the world UNTIL this strange
idea is destroyed forever.

This is why I try to re-educate everyone I come across.
Sometimes, it seems to be an impossible task. But hopefully, before I
expire, I will have seen the new attitude of Apple and its fanatics.

And they won't be so hateful toward Windows users if they have this
attitude.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the correct thread and article.
Colin Barnhorst

Re: VISTA Ultimate in My iMAC Core 2 Duo-- Problem!
Lighten up, guys! How about we just answer the OP's question?

If you want to start a new thread on this sidebar topic go for it.

> [...]

> propaganda drummed into their heads by Apple that a PC consists of (1)
> a computer, and (2) the MAC OS. They've even managed to propagandize
> the minds of MANY, MANY owners of Intel-Based OSes -- possibly even
> yourself.
>
> This is NOT acceptable to me, and to many others, I am sure.
>
> Apple propaganda is simply NOT TRUE, whether they believe it or not.
> They will NEVER be able join the rest of the world UNTIL this strange
> idea is destroyed forever.
>
> This is why I try to re-educate everyone I come across.
> Sometimes, it seems to be an impossible task. But hopefully, before I
> expire, I will have seen the new attitude of Apple and its fanatics.
>
> And they won't be so hateful toward Windows users if they have this
> attitude.
>

> Donald L McDaniel
> Please reply to the correct thread and article.

ludacrisvp

Donald L McDaniel;686666 Wrote:
> [...]

> (1)
> a computer, and (2) the MAC OS. They've even managed to propagandize
> the minds of MANY, MANY owners of Intel-Based OSes -- possibly even
> yourself.
>
> This is NOT acceptable to me, and to many others, I am sure.
>
> Apple propaganda is simply NOT TRUE, whether they believe it or not.
> They will NEVER be able join the rest of the world UNTIL this strange
> idea is destroyed forever.
>
> This is why I try to re-educate everyone I come across.
> Sometimes, it seems to be an impossible task. But hopefully, before
> expire, I will have seen the new attitude of Apple and its fanatics.
>
> And they won't be so hateful toward Windows users if they have this
> attitude.
>

> Donald L McDaniel
> Please reply to the correct thread and article.

Wow you have some real issues.

Talk about propaganda.
There is more propaganda coming out of your mind than I have heard in a
LONG time.

Just because you are so anti-Macintosh you don't have any right to
"re-educate" anyone. you are entitled to your own opinion about Apple
Macs and Microsoft Windows.

An Intel Mac with boot camp running may be a "normal PC" to you with
your definitions.
This is true however the issue that we are having here is driver
related.

This is nothing but proprietary drivers for proprietary devices.

You need to realize that all laptops have devices that are made
specifically for the vendor that needs the device. Most common laptops
such as Dell, HP, Gateway etc... use their own drivers for almost all
the hardware inside the device. Modified drivers to support their
modified hardware.

Being an Apple MacBook that is running Intel is just like those other
IBM compatible PCs they all need drivers for the OS that they are
running.

The only way that OS X is really being used is that the install disc
has the drivers for windows on the OS X disc, that is all that OS X is
doing when you are on windows.

Settle down and when you have NOTHING to add to a forum DON'T POST
ANYTHING.

* The answer for the topic at hand is*:
Boot into windows vista and put disc 1 of the Leopard install disc
inside the drive and either let the autorun program start the bootcamp
installation files or you can open the Leopard disc in explorer and
navigate to the bootcamp drivers.

The 10.5.2 disc includes drivers for vista x64 support as well, in case
that is what you are running.

I have just completed installing Vista x64 on my MacBook Pro 17" and it
scored very well on the vista performance index. I look forward to
seeing your results.

Processor: 5.4 - Intel Core 2 Duo T9500 @ 2.6Ghz
Memory: 5.1 - 4Gb DDR2 667
Graphics: 5.5 - 8600m GT 512Mb
Gaming Graphics: 5.9
Hard Drive: 5.3 - 200Gb 7200rpm Sata

Battery life about 4 hours with screen dimmed 2 hours at full
brightness with processor set to 5% min and 75% max.

--
ludacrisvp
Donald L McDaniel

Re: VISTA Ultimate in My iMAC Core 2 Duo-- Problem!
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:26:44 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
<c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote:

>Lighten up, guys! How about we just answer the OP's question?
>
>If you want to start a new thread on this sidebar topic go for it.

Colin, I DID try to answer the OP's question. HE NEEDS to hear what I
wrote. MANY OTHERS also need to hear it, and take it to heart.
Especially Mr. Lake.

The answer was simple: the OP will have absolutely NO PROBLEMS IF he
refuses to listen to Apple Propagandists, and MANY if he listens to
them.

I will NEVER "Lighten up" on Apple Propagandists.

But you're probably right: in this world which has put everything in a
"pigeon-hole", so that nothing relates to anything else anymore, the
"straight truth" is never "the answer", is it?

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the correct thread and article.
Donald L McDaniel

Re: VISTA Ultimate in My iMAC Core 2 Duo-- Problem!
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:52:43 -0500, ludacrisvp
<ludacrisvp.381fu3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote:

>Donald L McDaniel;686666 Wrote:

>> > term PC
>> > to anything
>> > distinction,
>> > mid-70's?
>> > hadn't been
>> > start calling

>> is.
>>
>> The facts are,
>> "Apple" is a brand, not a "computer".
>> "Macintosh OS" is an "operating system" not a "computer", and will
>> run
>> with little trouble on ANY Intel-based PC.
>> "MIcrosoft" is a brand, not an "operating system, OR "a P.C."
>> "MIcrosoft Windows Operating System" is an "operating system produced
>> by MIcrosoft for the Intel CPU and architecture."
>>
>> I am NOT attempting to show that a Macintosh PC is a "Windows PC".
>> Nor am I attempting to show that a "Windows PC" is "a Macintosh PC",
>> if it is running OSX", since "Windows PCs", per se, do not exist.
>> PERIOD. Microsoft produces the Windows Operating System, NOT the
>> "Windows Computer".
>>
>> The facts are, I've installed XP, Vista, and OS X all on my Apple
>> Intel PC, either as dual-boots, or as exclusive OSes. Additionally,
>> installed them all using their NATIVE installers, WITHOUT using OS X
>> in ANY WAY. Period.
>>
>> IN EVERY CASE, the desktop of an Apple-branded Intel PC with Vista as
>> the exclusive OS looks EXACTLY like the desktop of EVERY OTHER
>> branded
>> PC.
>>
>> The facts are, MANY,MANY Mac fans are UNABLE to get beyond the
>> propaganda drummed into their heads by Apple that a PC consists of
>> (1)
>> a computer, and (2) the MAC OS. They've even managed to propagandize
>> the minds of MANY, MANY owners of Intel-Based OSes -- possibly even
>> yourself.
>>
>> This is NOT acceptable to me, and to many others, I am sure.
>>
>> Apple propaganda is simply NOT TRUE, whether they believe it or not.
>> They will NEVER be able join the rest of the world UNTIL this strange
>> idea is destroyed forever.
>>
>> This is why I try to re-educate everyone I come across.
>> Sometimes, it seems to be an impossible task. But hopefully, before
>> expire, I will have seen the new attitude of Apple and its fanatics.
>>
>> And they won't be so hateful toward Windows users if they have this
>> attitude.
>>

>> Donald L McDaniel
>> Please reply to the correct thread and article.

>Wow you have some real issues.
>
>Talk about propaganda.
>There is more propaganda coming out of your mind than I have heard in a
>LONG time.
>
>Just because you are so anti-Macintosh you don't have any right to
>"re-educate" anyone. you are entitled to your own opinion about Apple
>Macs and Microsoft Windows.

1) I am NOT "anti-Macintosh", "ludadrisp"...
2) I am NOT "anti-Apple", "ludadrisp".
3) I AM "anti-liar", "ludacrisp".
4) I have just as much "right" to "re-educate" folks like yourself as
you do. Don't want to read my words? Put me in your kill-file.
5) You STILL were UNABLE to understand a word I wrote. This is
because of the Mac Fanatics' propaganda you listen to constantly. YOU
are willing to listen to it, for whatever reason, and as a result, you
are just as "anti-Microsoft" as you think I am "anti-Macintosh".
6) I've owned three Apple Macintoshes: 1xiMac (PPC), 2xiMac (Intel). I
had absolutely no problems with any of them.
7) But, I DO "hate OS X" with a purple passion, as much as a "thing"
can be "hated" (the OS, NOT the machine it is installed on.)
8) I LOVE the machines themselves. They (the Intel-based ones) are
GREAT Windows platforms.
9) ONE day, you Apple-fans will SEE the difference between the OS and
the Machine. I won't say "I told you so" at that time, since you will
already have heard it from me (or someone else).

>An Intel Mac with boot camp running may be a "normal PC" to you with
>your definitions.
>This is true however the issue that we are having here is driver
>related.
>
>This is nothing but proprietary drivers for proprietary devices.

ALL OEM drivers are for "proprietary devices", my friend, whether they
are for Dells, or Apples.

I certainly don't need your instructions on the matter.

>You need to realize that all laptops have devices that are made
>specifically for the vendor that needs the device. Most common laptops
>such as Dell, HP, Gateway etc... use their own drivers for almost all
>the hardware inside the device. Modified drivers to support their
>modified hardware.
>
>Being an Apple MacBook that is running Intel is just like those other
>IBM compatible PCs they all need drivers for the OS that they are
>running.
>
>The only way that OS X is really being used is that the install disc
>has the drivers for windows on the OS X disc, that is all that OS X is
>doing when you are on windows.

OSX in that case, is NOT "being used." The INSTALLATION MEDIA is. But
NOT ONE ounce of OS X code is inserted into Windows, since the code is
NOT compatible with Windows.

WINDOWS drivers are installed in that case, NOT "OS X drivers".

>Settle down and when you have NOTHING to add to a forum DON'T POST
>ANYTHING.

I have PLENTY to say to a bunch of little children, friend.
By the way, I am NOT "adding to a forum", I am "adding to a thread in
a newsgroup on a Usenet Server."

>* The answer for the topic at hand is*:
>Boot into windows vista and put disc 1 of the Leopard install disc
>inside the drive and either let the autorun program start the bootcamp
>installation files

There are NO SUCH THINGS as "BootCamp installation files" under
Windows, son.

BOOT CAMP is in NO WAY installed under Windows, since the BootCamp
executables are completely INCOMPATIBLE with Windows.

"BootCamp Assistant" software is installed under OS X, NOT Windows.

>or you can open the Leopard disc in explorer and
>navigate to the bootcamp drivers.

Again, these drivers are NOT "bootcamp drivers", they are "Apple
Macintosh drivers for WINDOWS." Even Apple calls them that.

>The 10.5.2 disc includes drivers for vista x64 support as well, in case
>that is what you are running.
>
>I have just completed installing Vista x64 on my MacBook Pro 17" and it
>scored very well on the vista performance index. I look forward to
>seeing your results.
>
>Processor: 5.4 - Intel Core 2 Duo T9500 @ 2.6Ghz
>Memory: 5.1 - 4Gb DDR2 667
>Graphics: 5.5 - 8600m GT 512Mb
>Gaming Graphics: 5.9
>Hard Drive: 5.3 - 200Gb 7200rpm Sata
>
>Battery life about 4 hours with screen dimmed 2 hours at full
>brightness with processor set to 5% min and 75% max.

Currently MY Vista Performance Index is 5.5, NOT 5.1 (which is YOUR
Vista Experience Index, by the way.)

I even have the same speed and amount of memory.

YOUR memory index would INCREASE if it were installed as
"Dual-Channel" memory.

But boasting about one's Vista Performance Index is childish. Perhaps
you should grow up a little more.

Perhaps you should learn to LISTEN to your elders, rather than ARGUING
with them all the time.