Ready Boost & Memory Stick ?

Wonderman

Ready Boost & Memory Stick ?
Has anyone had any luck using a Memory Stick ( 2GB and up ) in Vista
ReadyBoost ?

adrenalin

Re: Ready Boost & Memory Stick ?
Yes, I use a 4 GB sandisk cruzer micro. There hasn't been that
noticeable of a difference since I am already maxed out with memory but
I can tell it is working. Are you having troubles with it?

Wonderman wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck using a Memory Stick ( 2GB and up ) in Vista
> ReadyBoost ?

John Barnett MVP

Re: Ready Boost & Memory Stick ?
I have a SanDisk 2GB memory stick that works fine - well it registers its
use for Ready boost. Personally I find ready boost useless if you have 2GB
of system RAM. It's fine for systems with 512 MB to 1GB RAM but over the 1GB
the performance is negligible. At 2GB system RAM you can't tell the
difference.

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Wonderman" <nospamidainc@cox.net> wrote in message
> Has anyone had any luck using a Memory Stick ( 2GB and up ) in Vista
> ReadyBoost ?

Wonderman

Re: Ready Boost & Memory Stick ?
Sorry all... I should have been more clear. I am looking to use a
proprietary format Sony type Memory Stick in lieu of an SD card or USB etc.

"Wonderman" <nospamidainc@cox.net> wrote in message
> Has anyone had any luck using a Memory Stick ( 2GB and up ) in Vista
> ReadyBoost ?

Quaoar

Re: Ready Boost & Memory Stick ?
Wonderman wrote:
> Sorry all... I should have been more clear. I am looking to use a
> proprietary format Sony type Memory Stick in lieu of an SD card or USB etc.
>

> "Wonderman" <nospamidainc@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Has anyone had any luck using a Memory Stick ( 2GB and up ) in Vista
>> ReadyBoost ?

Sony MemStick *is* USB. The memory device should be noted as ReadyBoost
compatible. If it not so noted, it likely will not work.

PMPP

Re: Ready Boost & Memory Stick ?
Hello Wonderman,

I have a Sony Vaio with a builtin memory stick card reader, and I'm using a
8Gb Memory Stick Pro Mark2, and it works just fine. I also use it as
secondary scratch disk for Photoshop for the other 4GB of freespace =P

I did notice that some apps are faster (and it seems to be using the card as
the light flashes). 2Gb Ram + 4Gb ReadyBoost

The reboot doesn't seem to use the ReadyBoost at all (I don't even now if
its supposed, but it would be great to have all the files of boot on it...)

"Wonderman" wrote:

> Sorry all... I should have been more clear. I am looking to use a
> proprietary format Sony type Memory Stick in lieu of an SD card or USB etc.
>

> "Wonderman" <nospamidainc@cox.net> wrote in message
> > Has anyone had any luck using a Memory Stick ( 2GB and up ) in Vista
> > ReadyBoost ?

Dustin Harper

Re: Ready Boost & Memory Stick ?
Yes, as long as it supports the speeds needed by ReadyBoost, you can use it
with no issues.

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...eAPostAsAnswer