Win32K.SYS and MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSODS

RyanD878

Win32K.SYS and MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSODS
Hi all. This is becoming very irritating. Right now the two most common blue screens I keep getting are MEMORY MANAGEMENT and WIN32K.SYS. They randomly happen...... sometime when installing a new program or even just doing a vista windows update. It is getting VERY irritating all I want to do is have my computer work right. I recently had to reinstall my Vista Home Premium and other than the fact that I had a bad virus before I reinstalled everything worked just fine. Now all of a sudden, after the reinstall, nothing works right and it keeps blue screening. I have a new video card so I know thats not the issue, and ran the vista memory diagnostics program and my RAM passed with no errors so its not my RAM. Another symptom I have is like when I come out of sleep mode and the mouse wont work. Any help please.

f/fgeorge

Re: Win32K.SYS and MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSODS
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 01:11:20 -0700, RyanD878 wrote:

>Hi all. This is becoming very irritating. Right now the two most common blue screens I keep getting are MEMORY MANAGEMENT and WIN32K.SYS. They randomly happen...... sometime when installing a new program or even just doing a vista windows update. It is getting VERY irritating all I want to do is have my computer work right. I recently had to reinstall my Vista Home Premium and other than the fact that I had a bad virus before I reinstalled everything worked just fine. Now all of a sudden, after the reinstall, nothing works right and it keeps blue screening. I have a new video card so I know thats not the issue, and ran the vista memory diagnostics program and my RAM passed with no errors so its not my RAM. Another symptom I have is like when I come out of sleep mode and the mouse wont work. Any help please.
>

>Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

FIRST stop playing with hte memory management in Vista! it does things
differently than XP and you can mess things up badly, as you are
finding. MS thinks they are smarter than we are, and in lots of cases
they are, but they have been tweaking the way memory is used by the
OS. Your tweaking is counter to that way of thinking. Just make sure
you have at least 2 gig of memory and let Windows manage it. Free
memory is wasted memory, in MS's opinion.