Blue screen comes up randomly

=?Utf-8?B?TkVhYmxpcw==?=

Blue screen comes up randomly
Ok, im no expert but i need help because my new laptop with vista on it is
having real problems. I think its a driver problem. Ok heres what happenes,
sometimes it blue screen then says need to shut down for safety. then
restarts and usually it will restart severle times before stabilizing. After
it finished that i get a message that says to let Vista check online for help
and i let it, and it tells me to update drivers or lower hardware
acceleration. Ive updated all the way, and i dont know how to lower hardware
excelleration on my ATI portable x1800 256mg but i have a feeling thats not
the problem. If any needs any more info or thinks they can help, PLEASE!

System
Vista home premium
2 gig ram
2.0 duel core processorr

Errors message it says it gave me in the trouble shooting program
Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)
Thank yo
=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=

RE: Blue screen comes up randomly
"NEablis" wrote:
> Ok, im no expert but i need help because my new laptop with vista on it is
> having real problems. I think its a driver problem. Ok heres what happenes,
> sometimes it blue screen then says need to shut down for safety. then
> restarts and usually it will restart severle times before stabilizing. After
> it finished that i get a message that says to let Vista check online for help
> and i let it, and it tells me to update drivers or lower hardware
> acceleration. Ive updated all the way, and i dont know how to lower hardware
> excelleration on my ATI portable x1800 256mg but i have a feeling thats not
> the problem. If any needs any more info or thinks they can help, PLEASE!
>
> System
> Vista home premium
> 2 gig ram
> 2.0 duel core processorr
>
> Errors message it says it gave me in the trouble shooting program
> Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)
> Thank yo

Be sure to click OK after reboot when prompted to send the error report
to Microsoft. They collect these reports and will contact the hardware vendor
of the guilty device/driver.
This specific error often occurs in video drivers, but without looking at the
details it is hard to say. You may want to contact ATI tech support, or
Microsoft, if you are still in the 90-day support period.

Regards,
--PA

=?Utf-8?B?TkVhYmxpcw==?=

"Pavel A." wrote:

> Be sure to click OK after reboot when prompted to send the error report
> to Microsoft. They collect these reports and will contact the hardware vendor
> of the guilty device/driver.
> This specific error often occurs in video drivers, but without looking at the
> details it is hard to say. You may want to contact ATI tech support, or
> Microsoft, if you are still in the 90-day support period.
>
> Regards,
> --PA

i just called ATI support and they couldnt help me because this laptop from
IBUYPOWER.com couldnt identify the model which is really wierd. Im
technically still on warrenty so im not worried yet that it keeps restarting.
Heres the error messag ethe microsoft gives me after restart!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: C000001D
BCP2: 8063905C
BCP3: 883D36AC
BCP4: 883D33A8
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini031507-02.dmp
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-82500-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC87B.tmp.versi on.txt

is anyone else having this problem?
teradata

"NEablis" <NEablis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, im no expert but i need help because my new laptop with vista on it is
> having real problems. I think its a driver problem. Ok heres what
> happenes,
> sometimes it blue screen then says need to shut down for safety. then
> restarts and usually it will restart severle times before stabilizing.
> After
> it finished that i get a message that says to let Vista check online for
> help
> and i let it, and it tells me to update drivers or lower hardware
> acceleration. Ive updated all the way, and i dont know how to lower
> hardware
> excelleration on my ATI portable x1800 256mg but i have a feeling thats
> not
> the problem. If any needs any more info or thinks they can help, PLEASE!
>
> System
> Vista home premium
> 2 gig ram
> 2.0 duel core processorr
>
> Errors message it says it gave me in the trouble shooting program
> Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)
> Thank yo

Your new notebook should work out of the box - Period! Call Ibuypower and
tell them you have a defective unit. Could be a driver problem, maybe not
but it isn't something YOU should have to fix.