CD/DVD ROM gone, code 39, NO Upper/LowerFilters to delete in reged

LadyPac

CD/DVD ROM gone, code 39, NO Upper/LowerFilters to delete in reged
I have the same problem so many of you seem to have (CD/DVD ROM is suddenly
gone on my notebook,) except when I try to follow the steps found here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929461 , there are absolutely no
UpperFilters and LowerFilters to be deleted.

What should I do now?
Does anyone have any idea which wonderful Windows Update it was that caused
the problem to begin with?

I wouldn't even be too mad if I had to restore the entire system, even if
it's a pain in the butt, but 1. even my Vista DVD's are not detected and 2.
if I did restore it and kept installing Windows Updates, I am guessing it
would cause the same problem again.

Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.
iqon

RE: CD/DVD ROM gone, code 39, NO Upper/LowerFilters to delete in reged
I ave the same problem my philips dvdr1628p1 dvd rw gone for a walk,vista
bugs again
IQON

"LadyPac" wrote:

> I have the same problem so many of you seem to have (CD/DVD ROM is suddenly
> gone on my notebook,) except when I try to follow the steps found here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929461 , there are absolutely no
> UpperFilters and LowerFilters to be deleted.
>
> What should I do now?
> Does anyone have any idea which wonderful Windows Update it was that caused
> the problem to begin with?
>
> I wouldn't even be too mad if I had to restore the entire system, even if
> it's a pain in the butt, but 1. even my Vista DVD's are not detected and 2.
> if I did restore it and kept installing Windows Updates, I am guessing it
> would cause the same problem again.
>
> Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

Pierre Martin

RE: CD/DVD ROM gone, code 39, NO Upper/LowerFilters to delete in r
I had an MSI K9N Neo V3 motherboard and Athlon64X2 running XPHomeSP2 and an
LG SATA DVD writer. Upgraded to Vista Premium SP1 using the drive. After the
upgrade the DVD stopped working. Checked it on another XP machine no
problems. Plugged in a Liteon IDE writer and it worked but no autorun. Spent
5 or 6 phone sessions with MS tech support with no success. Got fed up and
changed to a Q6600 on an ASUS P5K SE and the DVD writer now works. Didn't
have to do a thing to it.
From reading all the posts on the subject and my own experience I believe
it's a motherboard chipset issue with VistaSP1. Didn't try it without SP1 so
it might be SP1 and not the original Vista that's the problem.

"iqon" wrote:

> I ave the same problem my philips dvdr1628p1 dvd rw gone for a walk,vista
> bugs again
> IQON
>
> "LadyPac" wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem so many of you seem to have (CD/DVD ROM is suddenly
> > gone on my notebook,) except when I try to follow the steps found here:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929461 , there are absolutely no
> > UpperFilters and LowerFilters to be deleted.
> >
> > What should I do now?
> > Does anyone have any idea which wonderful Windows Update it was that caused
> > the problem to begin with?
> >
> > I wouldn't even be too mad if I had to restore the entire system, even if
> > it's a pain in the butt, but 1. even my Vista DVD's are not detected and 2.
> > if I did restore it and kept installing Windows Updates, I am guessing it
> > would cause the same problem again.
> >
> > Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

david.hawes3392

Re: CD/DVD ROM gone, code 39, NO Upper/LowerFilters to delete in reged

I have this problem on a new Toshiba still trying every solution but no
joy, Itunes is supposed to cause a problem so was looking at that and
got a warning that itunes had lost drivers.
This is crazy if it was a car you would expect some back up Microsoft
is a company in real need of some management clear out to let customers
down like this. Someone please come up with a solution aagghh

--
david.hawes3392
ribeiro

Re: CD/DVD ROM gone, code 39, NO Upper/LowerFilters to delete in reged

Try Install and run Tune Up Utilities 2008 free trial for 30 days fully
enabled, and there you will find ´Solve Problems` and a serial of
aplications one click go to solve icons miss placed and maybe meet your
solutions.

Cheers!

--
ribeiro
ribeiro

Re: CD/DVD ROM gone, code 39, NO Upper/LowerFilters to delete in reged

dont dowload all upgrades from microsoft just because they are there. At
least 3 are giving problems, depending on each machine. Switch it of and
organize to download manualy what you may consider real for your needs
and hide the rest. When your pc its running fine, dont try out any new
upgrade just for the curiosity ot it. Read each one carefully, hide it
or download it, but give many time couse i believe Vista will get to SP3
till achieve some goals. Give 6 months to download SP1, like before
happened with XP. Otherwise you´re being the beta victims and
unintentional voluntiers. We should be paid for that, do you understand
what i mean?

Cheers!

--
ribeiro
curtfenz

Re: CD/DVD ROM gone, code 39, NO Upper/LowerFilters to delete in r
After 8 tries, I succeeded. The filter thing didn't work for me, but out
there is someone with a little fix program - that one did work. Sorry I can't
point you to it but i found it in groups searching on code 39

"david.hawes3392" wrote:

> I have this problem on a new Toshiba still trying every solution but no
> joy, Itunes is supposed to cause a problem so was looking at that and
> got a warning that itunes had lost drivers.
> This is crazy if it was a car you would expect some back up Microsoft
> is a company in real need of some management clear out to let customers
> down like this. Someone please come up with a solution aagghh
>

> --
> david.hawes3392

ctitguy

Re: CD/DVD ROM gone, code 39, NO Upper/LowerFilters to delete in reged

I spent about 4 hours on this, so I thought I'd share. I have an HP
Pavillion laptop, AMD Turion processor, running Windows Vista Home
Premium, SP1 (actually, this is my neighbor's laptop which I'm trying to
fix). Oh yeah, and the DVD/CD player is a TSSTCorp CDDVDW L-633L ATA
model. He was going along fine, ripping and burning CDs using iTunes
for quite some time. Then, it just stopped working (with the dreaded
"Disk burner or software not found").

I followed the instructions on other postings, regarding LowerFilter
and UpperFilter removal. When I did that, I was able to see the DVD/CD
again! Hooray! But, when I went back into iTunes, I received an error
saying that the registry was not properly set up for iTunes. So, it
would not recognize the drive. I downloaded free CD/DVD burner software
(Media Jukebox 12) and that was working fine. However, with all the
music already in iTunes, under "mp4" format, it would be quite a pain to
convert all that stuff to MP3.

The key, for me, was in the GEARaspiWMD driver (which is what is
referred to by the UpperFilter registry key). I went to
www.gearsoftware.com, downloaded their latest driver and, voila,
everything was working again: iTunes, windows explorer, windows media
player - no exclamation mark in Device Manager.

As I said, I spent a LOT of time looking through forums like these -
Apple's support forum was not much help, so I thought I'd "pay it back"
by sharing my experience. Hope this can help somebody.

--
ctitguy
ctitguy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/ctitguy.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

ACD lover

"ctitguy" wrote:

> I spent about 4 hours on this, so I thought I'd share. I have an HP
> Pavillion laptop, AMD Turion processor, running Windows Vista Home
> Premium, SP1 (actually, this is my neighbor's laptop which I'm trying to
> fix). Oh yeah, and the DVD/CD player is a TSSTCorp CDDVDW L-633L ATA
> model. He was going along fine, ripping and burning CDs using iTunes
> for quite some time. Then, it just stopped working (with the dreaded
> "Disk burner or software not found").
>
> I followed the instructions on other postings, regarding LowerFilter
> and UpperFilter removal. When I did that, I was able to see the DVD/CD
> again! Hooray! But, when I went back into iTunes, I received an error
> saying that the registry was not properly set up for iTunes. So, it
> would not recognize the drive. I downloaded free CD/DVD burner software
> (Media Jukebox 12) and that was working fine. However, with all the
> music already in iTunes, under "mp4" format, it would be quite a pain to
> convert all that stuff to MP3.
>
> The key, for me, was in the GEARaspiWMD driver (which is what is
> referred to by the UpperFilter registry key). I went to
> www.gearsoftware.com, downloaded their latest driver and, voila,
> everything was working again: iTunes, windows explorer, windows media
> player - no exclamation mark in Device Manager.
>
> As I said, I spent a LOT of time looking through forums like these -
> Apple's support forum was not much help, so I thought I'd "pay it back"
> by sharing my experience. Hope this can help somebody.
>

> --
> ctitguy
> ctitguy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/ctitguy.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...ces/951874.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

ACD lover

Re: CD/DVD ROM gone, code 39, NO Upper/LowerFilters to delete in r
I am having the same problem with my Pavilion Entertainment Notebook I had
installed some new software and all of the sudden BAM no disc drive! I have
been trying to find a solution to my problem for about 3 weeks ! I have a
different proccessor(AMD Athlon 64) and my dvd cd rom is a Pioneer i am
wondering if this solution will work with my notebook Any feed back on this I
hate to jjust go around downloading this and that on ,my computer