Filter Keys problems

pdxburger

Filter Keys problems
I have disabled the filter keys in vista. However, they randomly turn on and
off whenever I'm typing. Whenever I check on the keyboard settings they are
never turned on however my keyboard will randomly type like they are. It is
extremely frustrating. Any suggestions?
Dwarf

RE: Filter Keys problems
Hi,

Check the settings in the 'Ease of Access' center. Although you may have
disabled the filter keys, you may not have disabled the keyboard shortcut.
This is 'Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds'. To
turn off this feature completely, you also need to disable (uncheck) this
shortcut. A quick method of disabling this feature is to use the shortcut. A
dialogue box will pop up and there will be the option 'Go to the Ease of
Access Center to disable the keyboard shortcut'. If you select that option,
it will take you to the appropriate settings page.
Dwarf

"pdxburger" wrote:

> I have disabled the filter keys in vista. However, they randomly turn on and
> off whenever I'm typing. Whenever I check on the keyboard settings they are
> never turned on however my keyboard will randomly type like they are. It is
> extremely frustrating. Any suggestions?

pdxburger

RE: Filter Keys problems
I've tried that and it doesn't help. Every setting is disabled, just a few
times a day filter keys will activate and i can't turn them off, they just
eventually turn themselves off. I don't know what else to do.