Can I use my internal and external speakers at the same time?

TO.LA.GIRL

Can I use my internal and external speakers at the same time?

Is it an either/or situation or is it possible to have both speakers play
simultaneously?

And if so, how do I set it up?

Help would be much appreciated.
Thanx.
Richard G. Harper

Re: Can I use my internal and external speakers at the same time?
At this point it appears impossible. Vista and/or the current audio drivers
seem to support only one output device at a time.

"TO.LA.GIRL" <TOLAGIRL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Is it an either/or situation or is it possible to have both speakers play
> simultaneously?
>
> And if so, how do I set it up?
>
> Help would be much appreciated.
> Thanx.

Dwarf

RE: Can I use my internal and external speakers at the same time?
Hi,

Sorry, but that is not possible. When you plug headphones or external
speakers into the appropriate socket on your machine, the internal speakers
are automatically disconnected.
Dwarf

"TO.LA.GIRL" wrote:

> Is it an either/or situation or is it possible to have both speakers play
> simultaneously?
>
> And if so, how do I set it up?
>
> Help would be much appreciated.
> Thanx.

John Barnett MVP

Re: Can I use my internal and external speakers at the same time?
You are only able to use one set of speakers at a time, the drivers don't
support dual use of speakers.

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"TO.LA.GIRL" <TOLAGIRL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Is it an either/or situation or is it possible to have both speakers play
> simultaneously?
>
> And if so, how do I set it up?
>
> Help would be much appreciated.
> Thanx.

logos

Re: Can I use my internal and external speakers at the same time?

Here's how I did it on my computer. I use Vista home SP1 It took me a
while to figure this out....
1) Make sure your computer recognizes the external speaker and internal
speaker as separate devices, so on your volume sound panel, there should
be two playback devices. If your current driver recognizes only one,
uninstall the device driver from the device manager and make sure to
check off the uninstall software driver box as well. By default the
sound driver should revert back to the provided vista driver. My
devices were recognized separately afterwards, and hopefully it will
work for you.

2) Now two are recognized, you can use another program called 'virtual
audio cable' in which it creates a virtual line 1 audio device. There
is a trial version available. You can use the virtual line 1 output,
and have it simultaneously connect to your laptop and external
speakers. You will also need to go into your media player options to
use the virtual line 1 audio output.

--
logos