laptop problems

Juan Donosa

laptop problems
everytime i start up my laptop it just gets to the part where u have to put
ur password but instead it says its installing updates it got stuck on update
number 3 of 3 at 0% and it wont move it left it on for like 2 hours straight
and it just stays like that after like a few minutes it just says shutting
down... and the cycle starts over again it keeps doing that never any change
anyone knows whats wrong with it and what i can do to fix it the laptop is a
Toshiba Satellite...plz and thanx u =]
t-4-2

Re: laptop problems

Juan Donosa;681726 Wrote:
> everytime i start up my laptop it just gets to the part where u have to
> put
> ur password but instead it says its installing updates it got stuck on
> update
> number 3 of 3 at 0% and it wont move it left it on for like 2 hours
> straight
> and it just stays like that after like a few minutes it just says
> shutting
> down... and the cycle starts over again it keeps doing that never any
> change
> anyone knows whats wrong with it and what i can do to fix it the laptop
> is a
> Toshiba Satellite...plz and thanx u =]

Hello, Juan. My head is spinning. Are you using someone's computer to
post this question ? Please reply before I have any inkling how to go
on.

--
t-4-2
Juan Donosa

Re: laptop problems
yes im using my brothers computer right now my laptop wont work its a Toshiba
Satellite A115 i think im not sure and its a Window Vista Home Premium i
tried safe mode but it still does the same thing am i gonna have to reformat
it all?

"t-4-2" wrote:

> Juan Donosa;681726 Wrote:
> > everytime i start up my laptop it just gets to the part where u have to
> > put
> > ur password but instead it says its installing updates it got stuck on
> > update
> > number 3 of 3 at 0% and it wont move it left it on for like 2 hours
> > straight
> > and it just stays like that after like a few minutes it just says
> > shutting
> > down... and the cycle starts over again it keeps doing that never any
> > change
> > anyone knows whats wrong with it and what i can do to fix it the laptop
> > is a
> > Toshiba Satellite...plz and thanx u =]

> Hello, Juan. My head is spinning. Are you using someone's computer to
> post this question ? Please reply before I have any inkling how to go
> on.
>

> --
> t-4-2

t-4-2

Re: laptop problems

Juan Donosa;681789 Wrote:
> yes im using my brothers computer right now my laptop wont work its a
> Toshiba
> Satellite A115 i think im not sure and its a Window Vista Home Premium
> tried safe mode but it still does the same thing am i gonna have to
> reformat
> it all?
>
> "t-4-2" wrote:
> > > >

> > > Juan Donosa;681726 Wrote:
> > > Hello, Juan. My head is spinning. Are you using someone's computer to
> > > post this question ? Please reply before I have any inkling how to go
> > > on.
> > >

> > > --
> > > t-4-2

Thank you, Juan. When you were in Safe Mode, the machine started to do
updating again ? I hope not. Respond please.

--
t-4-2
Gobo

Re: laptop problems

"Juan Donosa" <JuanDonosa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> yes im using my brothers computer right now my laptop wont work its a
> Toshiba
> Satellite A115 i think im not sure and its a Window Vista Home Premium i
> tried safe mode but it still does the same thing am i gonna have to
> reformat
> it all?

Have you tried disconnecting your system from the Internet, and then booting
up in safe mode and restoring before the latest updates? If you can get to
this point, then make sure you turn off any AV programs running before you
reconnect to the Internet and doing your updates.

Juan Donosa

Re: laptop problems
well when i went to safe mode it had like 3 options like safe mode with the
run program, with only the drives and another one and i chose the first one
which simply said safe mode so i used that one and it just went and started
over and when it got to the password screen it still had the same thing on it
for some reason it didnt do a difference it seemed

"t-4-2" wrote:

> Juan Donosa;681789 Wrote:
> > yes im using my brothers computer right now my laptop wont work its a
> > Toshiba
> > Satellite A115 i think im not sure and its a Window Vista Home Premium
> > tried safe mode but it still does the same thing am i gonna have to
> > reformat
> > it all?

> Thank you, Juan. When you were in Safe Mode, the machine started to do
> updating again ? I hope not. Respond please.
>

> --
> t-4-2

t-4-2

Re: laptop problems

Juan Donosa;681809 Wrote:
> well when i went to safe mode it had like 3 options like safe mode with
> the
> run program, with only the drives and another one and i chose the first
> one
> which simply said safe mode so i used that one and it just went and
> started
> over and when it got to the password screen it still had the same thing
> on it
> for some reason it didnt do a difference it seemed
>
> "t-4-2" wrote:
> > > >

> > > Juan Donosa;681789 Wrote:
> > > Thank you, Juan. When you were in Safe Mode, the machine started to

> > do
> > > updating again ? I hope not. Respond please.
> > >

> > > --
> > > t-4-2

Hello, Juan. Don't know why my last sentence was omitted. It said safe
mode Without internet connection. Without the connection, there is no
way for updating. Now, you are in Safe Mode. Open Control Panel> ( left
panel), click Classic View > click Windows Update > (left panel) click
Change Settings > look for the box that says " check for updates but let
me choose whether to download and install them ", check that box> click
OK. What you are doing is to give yourself a choice to update or not.
It's not automatic anymore. That done, in the Safe mode , do a system
restore choosing the date BEFORE all that troubles started as your
restore point.( If you don't know how to do that, let us know.) Now go
back to normal mode. You have a decision to make. You can UN-check that
box I told you, and let the windows update get started. If it starts and
finishes normally, that's it! If you are back to square one, then repeat
the procedures except that when you're back to normal mode, disable your
antivirus program, then let your updates get started. When updating is
done, Enable the antivirus program. If you still encounter problems, you
need someone a lot more knowledgeable than me. Keep me updated.

--
t-4-2
Juan Donosa

Re: laptop problems
thank you taht seemed to work out fine thanks for the help =]

"t-4-2" wrote:

> Juan Donosa;681809 Wrote:
> > well when i went to safe mode it had like 3 options like safe mode with
> > the
> > run program, with only the drives and another one and i chose the first
> > one
> > which simply said safe mode so i used that one and it just went and
> > started
> > over and when it got to the password screen it still had the same thing
> > on it
> > for some reason it didnt do a difference it seemed

> > > do

> Hello, Juan. Don't know why my last sentence was omitted. It said safe
> mode Without internet connection. Without the connection, there is no
> way for updating. Now, you are in Safe Mode. Open Control Panel> ( left
> panel), click Classic View > click Windows Update > (left panel) click
> Change Settings > look for the box that says " check for updates but let
> me choose whether to download and install them ", check that box> click
> OK. What you are doing is to give yourself a choice to update or not.
> It's not automatic anymore. That done, in the Safe mode , do a system
> restore choosing the date BEFORE all that troubles started as your
> restore point.( If you don't know how to do that, let us know.) Now go
> back to normal mode. You have a decision to make. You can UN-check that
> box I told you, and let the windows update get started. If it starts and
> finishes normally, that's it! If you are back to square one, then repeat
> the procedures except that when you're back to normal mode, disable your
> antivirus program, then let your updates get started. When updating is
> done, Enable the antivirus program. If you still encounter problems, you
> need someone a lot more knowledgeable than me. Keep me updated.
>

> --
> t-4-2

t-4-2

Re: laptop problems

Juan Donosa;682684 Wrote:
> thank you taht seemed to work out fine thanks for the help =]
>
> "t-4-2" wrote:
> > > >

> > > Juan Donosa;681809 Wrote:
> > > Hello, Juan. Don't know why my last sentence was omitted. It said

> > safe
> > > mode Without internet connection. Without the connection, there is no
> > > way for updating. Now, you are in Safe Mode. Open Control Panel> (

> > left
> > > panel), click Classic View > click Windows Update > (left panel)

> > click
> > > Change Settings > look for the box that says " check for updates but

> > let
> > > me choose whether to download and install them ", check that box>

> > click
> > > OK. What you are doing is to give yourself a choice to update or not.
> > > It's not automatic anymore. That done, in the Safe mode , do a system
> > > restore choosing the date BEFORE all that troubles started as your
> > > restore point.( If you don't know how to do that, let us know.) Now

> > go
> > > back to normal mode. You have a decision to make. You can UN-check

> > that
> > > box I told you, and let the windows update get started. If it starts

> > and
> > > finishes normally, that's it! If you are back to square one, then

> > repeat
> > > the procedures except that when you're back to normal mode, disable

> > your
> > > antivirus program, then let your updates get started. When updating

> > is
> > > done, Enable the antivirus program. If you still encounter problems,

> > you
> > > need someone a lot more knowledgeable than me. Keep me updated.
> > >

> > > --
> > > t-4-2

Hello, Juan. I'm happy it works out for you. However, some loose ends.
For my own sake only, did the windows updates get started without giving
you any more problems, or do you have to do manual update ? Did you have
to involve disabling anti-virus program? Please respond.

--
t-4-2
Juan Donosa

Re: laptop problems
yeah i put the updates to manual and when i logged back on the antivirus was
off but i put it back on and yeah everything seems to be fine im gonna
restart it to see if it works out fine thanks for all the help by the way i
wouldnt have been able to done it without the help thank again