Touch screen add on kit with vista.

=?Utf-8?B?dG9vZXh0cmVtZTk0?=

Touch screen add on kit with vista.
I have a magic touch 17" add on kit so I can use my finger with some
programs. It worked perfect wtih XP pro but now when I plug it in vasta
installs it automatically. The software is for xp that I have and the company
disconniued support for my touchscreen. the touch screen responds to my
finger but it is no calibrated. the mouse curser is 2" away friom my finger
when I touch the screen. How can I fix the alignment problem? Please Help!
Joergen Bilet Gude

Re: Touch screen add on kit with vista.
On 14 Mar., 22:21, tooextreme94
<tooextrem...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a magic touch 17" add on kit so I can use my finger with some
> programs. It worked perfect wtih XP pro but now when I plug it in vasta
> installs it automatically. The software is for xp that I have and the company
> disconniued support for my touchscreen. thetouch screenresponds to my
> finger but it is no calibrated. the mouse curser is 2" away friom my finger
> when I touch the screen. How can I fix the alignment problem? Please Help!

I have a similiar problem:
Bought the LG 1730SF Touch Screen Monitor april 2007. Just wan't to
warn you people out there: Theres no Windows Vista Driver available,
so the Touch Screen Function will not work :-(

Larry Maturo

Re: Touch screen add on kit with vista.
From the MagicTouch web site:
Installing the Magictouch on Windows Vista

Note: If you've already attempted to install using a Magictouch driver, run
the driver

again and choose your controller and choose 'uninstall' before continuing
with

instructions below.

1. Plug the Magictouch controller into a port on your computer.

- If your controller is a USB model, then Windows will detect it
automatically.

USB devices can be plugged in either while machine is shutdown or while it
is

running.

- If your controller is a serial ProE model, then plug in the device while
the

computer is shutdown. Windows will detect the controller automatically upon

boot-up.

2. Windows will install the driver quickly and without input from you. (You
might see a

bubble on the taskbar telling you the controller is detected and that the
install is complete)

3. After the driver is installed, the touch screen should react to your
touch.though not

accurately yet. You might also see a scratchpad gadget appear in the Windows
sidebar,

and a faded image of a mouse should appear near your mouse cursor. There are
other

utilities available as well, refer to your Vista documentation for further
information.

Calibrating the Magictouch on Windows Vista

Windows has a built-in calibration program for touch screens, but
unfortunately we

cannot run it directly out of the Control Panel. To calibrate the screen,
follow the

instructions below:

1. Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories and click on 'Windows
Explorer.'

2. In the left window panel, scroll down and click on 'Computer.' Folders
and files

should appear in the right window panel.

3. In the right panel, scroll down and double-click on 'Windows.'

4. In the right panel, scroll down and double-click on 'System32.'

5. In the right panel, scroll way down and right-click on 'tabcal.' (might
show

tabcal.exe)

6. From right-click menu, select 'Create Shortcut.'

7. Windows will display a message saying that a shortcut cannot be placed
there,

and will ask whether Windows can place the shortcut on the desktop. Select

'yes.'

8. Close 'Windows Explorer.'

9. On your desktop, locate tabcal.exe and right-click on it.

10. On the right-click menu, select 'Properties.'

11. In the Properties window, there will be a property called 'Target' with
a box after

it with the words "C:\Windows\System32\tabcal.exe" written in it.

12. Click in the box and put your cursor at the end of the text (after
tabcal.exe). Make

sure that the words are not highlighted.

13. Push the space bar on your keyboard once to put a space after
tabcal.exe.

14. After the space, type NoValidate. Make sure that the 'N' and the 'V' are

capitalized, and that there is no space between 'No' and 'Validate.'

Whenever you want to calibrate, you can click on the tabcal shortcut on the
desktop to

launch the calibration utility.

Update: April 11th, 2007