RE: Sound Recording Mixer will not open in Vista for Line In recording

Indymike7030

RE: Sound Recording Mixer will not open in Vista for Line In recording
Im trying to adjust my sound mixers also for broadcasting and there is no
sound mixer contorls on vista?? or is there??? have them be removed from the
vista as where xp had them?????????????

"Stevec5000" wrote:

> The Sound Recording Mixer will not open in Vista for Line In recording. I
> tried installing the drivers for my Soundblaster but still don't get
> anything. Does anyone have any ideas? I tried double clicking the speaker
> icon but it doesn't work because it only opens the playing mixer that just
> has 2 sliders on it for Main and Apps volume. There is no option anywhere for
> switching to the Recording mixer.
> Has the Record Mixer been removed because they want the Windows Sound
> Recorder to be used exclusively now? The problem is the Sound Recorder
> doesn't record MP3's.

> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Sound Recording Mixer will not open in Vista for Line In recording
Click on the Start Orb and type "services.msc" in the Start/Search box and
hit Enter. Scroll down the list of services to Windows Audio and see if the
service is started and set to Automatic.