After Recent Vista Update my batterie doesn't load

AnaRaquel

After Recent Vista Update my batterie doesn't load
After Recent Vista Update my batterie doesn't load and it indicates 0%. As
anyone had that problem? How can I solve it?
t-4-2

Re: After Recent Vista Update my batterie doesn't load

AnaRaquel;681190 Wrote:
> After Recent Vista Update my batterie doesn't load and it indicates 0%.
> As
> anyone had that problem? How can I solve it?

Hello, don't blame the update yet. Depending on what type of battery
your computer has, my owner manual says my battery's life span is 300
discharge/charge cycles. After that, time to buy a new one. Open your
owner manual, it will tell you how to check the battery health etc.

--
t-4-2
AnaRaquel

Re: After Recent Vista Update my batterie doesn't load
But my notebook ASUS F9S is practically new: about 7 months and I din’t
charge and discharge that often. So I doubt it is because of that, especially
because it occurred after Vista Update… Thank you.

AnaRaquel;681878 Wrote:
> But my notebook ASUS F9S is practically new: about 7 months and I
> din’t
> charge and discharge that often. So I doubt it is because of that,
> especially
> because it occurred after Vista Update… Thank you.
>
> "t-4-2" wrote:
> > > >

> > > AnaRaquel;681190 Wrote:
> > > Hello, don't blame the update yet. Depending on what type of battery
> > > your computer has, my owner manual says my battery's life span is 300
> > > discharge/charge cycles. After that, time to buy a new one. Open your
> > > owner manual, it will tell you how to check the battery health etc.
> > >

> > > --
> > > t-4-2

Hello, Ana. What I am going to suggest from here on is strictly
unscientific.I could be way off. Step #1. I am sure you have already
done these - check if your battery pack is securely connected, plug it
to a different electrical outlet to check for faulty outlet.
Step #2. You said it's the update. Can you pinpoint which update ? If
yes, uninstall it by : Control Panel> Classic View> Windows Update>
click View Update History> click Installed Updates, from there pick out
the alledged culprit, highlight it, click Uninstall.
After that, go backward " <--- " to windows update window, left panel
click Change Settings, click the box that says " check for updates but
let me choose -----". The update which you blame on will not be
installed without your ok. Now see if your batter is recharging. (
Personally, I don't think so. ) Step #3. All else fails, a trip to the
local computer repair shop. Keep me posted please.

--
t-4-2
AnaRaquel

Re: After Recent Vista Update my batterie doesn't load
I will follow all that steps. Thank you very much. As soon as I get the
answer I will post.

"t-4-2" wrote:

> AnaRaquel;681878 Wrote:
> > But my notebook ASUS F9S is practically new: about 7 months and I
> > din’t
> > charge and discharge that often. So I doubt it is because of that,
> > especially
> > because it occurred after Vista Update… Thank you.

> Hello, Ana. What I am going to suggest from here on is strictly
> unscientific.I could be way off. Step #1. I am sure you have already
> done these - check if your battery pack is securely connected, plug it
> to a different electrical outlet to check for faulty outlet.
> Step #2. You said it's the update. Can you pinpoint which update ? If
> yes, uninstall it by : Control Panel> Classic View> Windows Update>
> click View Update History> click Installed Updates, from there pick out
> the alledged culprit, highlight it, click Uninstall.
> After that, go backward " <--- " to windows update window, left panel
> click Change Settings, click the box that says " check for updates but
> let me choose -----". The update which you blame on will not be
> installed without your ok. Now see if your batter is recharging. (
> Personally, I don't think so. ) Step #3. All else fails, a trip to the
> local computer repair shop. Keep me posted please.
>

> --
> t-4-2

AnaRaquel

Re: After Recent Vista Update my batterie doesn't load
I'm really sorry I thought it was because of Vista Update.
After sending a mail to ASUS and updating BIOS, my battery is working. Thank
you and I am really sorry.