how do i unlock keys

wendy

how do i unlock keys
how do i unlock my keys in microsoft word 2007. i can't even use it for
documents i already have in there.
Malke

Re: how do i unlock keys
wendy wrote:

> how do i unlock my keys in microsoft word 2007. i can't even use it for
> documents i already have in there.

What does this mean? Unlock what keys? Product Key? Password? Encryption?

How to Post:
http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.htm - How Not to Get Technical Help on
Usenet

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Brink

Re: how do i unlock keys

wendy;679994 Wrote:
> how do i unlock my keys in microsoft word 2007. i can't even use it for
> documents i already have in there.

Hi Wendy,

If you are talking about it wanting a MS Office Product Key Number,
then you may need to buy one first. Most store bought computers (OEM)
that come with Office is only a trial version. The Product Key Number
for Vista is not the same one and will not work.

Until you buy one, if you wanted to, you can use this free program
called "TextMaker Viewer" to view your Word documents.

'TextMaker Viewer 2008 - Free document viewer for .doc, .odt, .tmd,
.rtf, and more' (http://www.officeviewers.com/)

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Colin Barnhorst

Re: how do i unlock keys
Do you have a laptop with a special function keylock set?

This is an XP newsgroup, not Office. While you may get reasonable answers
here you will getting better help in an Office newsgroup.

"wendy" <wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i unlock my keys in microsoft word 2007. i can't even use it for
> documents i already have in there.

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: how do i unlock keys
"wendy" <wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i unlock my keys in microsoft word 2007. i can't even use it for
> documents i already have in there.

If you have been using the trial version which was supplied on your computer
when you purchased it, you have probably reached the end of the trial
period, and will now have to purchase the full program..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

wendy

Re: how do i unlock keys

"Malke" wrote:

> wendy wrote:
>
> > how do i unlock my keys in microsoft word 2007. i can't even use it for
> > documents i already have in there.

> What does this mean? Unlock what keys? Product Key? Password? Encryption?
>
> How to Post:
> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375 - How to Ask a Question
> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.htm - How Not to Get Technical Help on
> Usenet
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!

> my keyboard keys

Gordon

Re: how do i unlock keys

> my keyboard keys

So your keyboard is not functioning AT ALL? Or is it just not functioning in
some applications?
Laptop? Desktop? PS/2, USB or wireless keyboard? Have you tried another
keyboard?

Malke

Re: how do i unlock keys
wendy wrote:

> "Malke" wrote:
>
>> wendy wrote:
>>
>> > how do i unlock my keys in microsoft word 2007. i can't even use it for
>> > documents i already have in there.

>> What does this mean? Unlock what keys? Product Key? Password? Encryption?
>>
>> How to Post:
>> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375 - How to Ask a
>> Question http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.htm - How Not to Get
>> Technical Help on Usenet

>> my keyboard keys

As you can see from the other answers you got, nobody really knows what you
are talking about. Since you are apparently reluctant to take the time to
give a full description of the problem, etc. per the links I gave you, I
can only suggest that you have a competent computer tech come on-site and
fix things for you. This will not be someone from a
BigComputerStore/GeekSquad type of place.

Perhaps someone else reading this thread will have the patience to slowly
drag the necessary details out of you in order to give you the free help
you want. EOT for me.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Don't Panic!
Donald L McDaniel

Re: how do i unlock keys
On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:52:03 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
<c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote:

>Do you have a laptop with a special function keylock set?
>
>This is an XP newsgroup, not Office. While you may get reasonable answers
>here you will getting better help in an Office newsgroup.
>
>"wendy" <wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> how do i unlock my keys in microsoft word 2007. i can't even use it for
>> documents i already have in there.

Since this has nothing to do with Microsoft Word, and everything to do
with her installation of Windows and her hardware, her post is
on-topic, and probably in the correct newsgroup.

By the way, Colin, the newsgroup in which this article is posted is
NOT a "Windows XP newsgroup", but a "Windows Vista" newsgroup.
Specifically, "microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devic es".

UNless, of course, she cross-posted. IN which case, I offer my sincere
apologies.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the correct thread and article.
Colin Barnhorst

Re: how do i unlock keys
I stand corrected on the OS. Having said that, it is not an Office ng. The
OP gave such a sketchy description of the problem that who knew whether it
was related to using special keys in Office or just a kb problem with the
computer so I gave the suggestion. She really is way too vague.