Mouse pauses hangs locks up

idirector

Mouse pauses hangs locks up

If I'm in a video demanding environment (counter strike) my mouse hangs,
locks or pauses.

If I move my mouse fast it also locks up from time to time. Sometimes
it locks up for like 5 seconds or so. When it locks up I can hear the
system shut the port on and off because I hear the ding. It also
happens frequently when I pick up the mouse to move it.

I have quad 2.4 intel.
4gb ram
Vista ultimate 32 bit
mx510 through USB.

Mouse seems to work on my laptop and other desktop and both are XP.
I d/led the newest drivers for the 510 and I have scoured the net for
info on my problem.

Thanks in advance.

--
idirector
t-4-2

Re: Mouse pauses hangs locks up

idirector;679958 Wrote:
> If I'm in a video demanding environment (counter strike) my mouse hangs,
> locks or pauses.
>
> If I move my mouse fast it also locks up from time to time. Sometimes
> it locks up for like 5 seconds or so. When it locks up I can hear the
> system shut the port on and off because I hear the ding. It also happens
> frequently when I pick up the mouse to move it.
>
> I have quad 2.4 intel.
> 4gb ram
> Vista ultimate 32 bit
> mx510 through USB.
>
> Mouse seems to work on my laptop and other desktop and both are XP.
> I d/led the newest drivers for the 510 and I have scoured the net for
> info on my problem.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hello, I'm quite sure you have a wireless mouse. I'm even more sure
that you had installed the optional update "Other hardware hid non-user
input data filter".( It's for wireless mouse & keyboard. You need that
for Vista.) Which leaves ; have you tried using a different USB port ?

--
t-4-2
idirector

Re: Mouse pauses hangs locks up

I have a wired mx510. I also have tried different ports.

idirector;681491 Wrote:
> I have a wired mx510. I also have tried different ports.

Hello, my apology, I did not read your post carefully. So much for my
speculations. Good thing I didn't have to make a bet. How about using a
different mouse. Might have an incompatible mouse , worth a try, isn't
it ? I know you said it works in XPs, but Vista is a strange animal. (
It's stranger if you have SP1.)

--
t-4-2
idirector

Re: Mouse pauses hangs locks up

I have used a regular dell optical mouse and it worked fine.

The mx510 still works on XP.

idirector;681794 Wrote:
> > t-4-2;681509 Wrote:
> >
> > Hello, my apology, I did not read your post carefully. So much for my
> > speculations. Good thing I didn't have to make a bet. How about using a
> > different mouse. Might have an incompatible mouse , worth a try, isn't
> > it ? I know you said it works in XPs, but Vista is a strange animal. (
> > It's stranger if you have SP1.)> >

> Don't worry about the assumption. Also, I do have Ultimate SP1.

Hello, one more assumption. You dell optical mouse works fine on your
vista ultimate, and your mx510 works fine on your XPs. Right ?Problem
solved, right ?

--
t-4-2
idirector

Re: Mouse pauses hangs locks up

I don't really like using the dell optical. I was hoping to use my
optical on my machine, while my sister, who uses her computer as a
Television, use a regular mouse. I like the functionality of the mx510.

idirector;681883 Wrote:
> I don't really like using the dell optical. I was hoping to use my
> optical on my machine, while my sister, who uses her computer as a
> Television, use a regular mouse. I like the functionality of the mx510.

Hello. Seems to me it's a compatibility matter. The next best thing is
to shop around for one with similar features as mx510, but with windows
logo indicating that it's compatible with vista.

--
t-4-2
dangrs

idirector;679958 Wrote:
> If I'm in a video demanding environment (counter strike) my mouse hangs,
> locks or pauses.
>
> If I move my mouse fast it also locks up from time to time. Sometimes
> it locks up for like 5 seconds or so. When it locks up I can hear the
> system shut the port on and off because I hear the ding. It also happens
> frequently when I pick up the mouse to move it.
>
> I have quad 2.4 intel.
> 4gb ram
> Vista ultimate 32 bit
> mx510 through USB.
>
> Mouse seems to work on my laptop and other desktop and both are XP.
> I d/led the newest drivers for the 510 and I have scoured the net for
> info on my problem.
>
> Thanks in advance.

I have the exact same problem, i to play CS and my mouse does the same
thing .
did u find a solution yet ?

--
dangrs
Chuck

Re: Mouse pauses hangs locks up
Usually, the video driver is the culprit.