Getting Error Code 10 in Device Manager for my CD/DVD drive

=?Utf-8?B?dmFtcGNoaWNrMjE=?=

Getting Error Code 10 in Device Manager for my CD/DVD drive
Here's the situation.

We purchased a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. After the
Daylight Savings time change, the CD/DVD driver developed an error code 10.
Some investigation, and I uninstalled it through Device Manager and then did
a recovery and everything was dandy.

Last night, it happened again. Code 10 and no recognizing the drive. Once
again I go through exactly the same motions. Nothing. Again. Nothing.
Again. Nothing.

What the heck do I do now? (I'm also suspecting that iTunes might be part
of the problem, as prior to both instances, I installed iTunes 7 on the
computer)
=?Utf-8?B?d29ybGRhbmQxMnJvc2Vz?=

RE: Getting Error Code 10 in Device Manager for my CD/DVD drive
I have been having the same problem. I am running under Vista Ultimate, and
have no problems once so ever with my dvd drive since building my computer a
few weeks ago, but now I am receiving the same code 10 error message. I tried
uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, but this leads to Vista telling me
that the driver can not be installed properly. I also tried installing an
entirely different dvd drive but had the same problem.

If anyone can figure this problem out it will be greatly appreciated.

"vampchick21" wrote:

> Here's the situation.
>
> We purchased a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. After the
> Daylight Savings time change, the CD/DVD driver developed an error code 10.
> Some investigation, and I uninstalled it through Device Manager and then did
> a recovery and everything was dandy.
>
> Last night, it happened again. Code 10 and no recognizing the drive. Once
> again I go through exactly the same motions. Nothing. Again. Nothing.
> Again. Nothing.
>
> What the heck do I do now? (I'm also suspecting that iTunes might be part
> of the problem, as prior to both instances, I installed iTunes 7 on the
> computer)

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9rZXI=?=

RE: Getting Error Code 10 in Device Manager for my CD/DVD drive
Hi,
Sorry, I do not have the answer, but the exact same problem and I also just
installed Itunes but I can not see why that should affect my CD/DVD drive.

I hope someone can help.

"worldand12roses" wrote:

> I have been having the same problem. I am running under Vista Ultimate, and
> have no problems once so ever with my dvd drive since building my computer a
> few weeks ago, but now I am receiving the same code 10 error message. I tried
> uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, but this leads to Vista telling me
> that the driver can not be installed properly. I also tried installing an
> entirely different dvd drive but had the same problem.
>
> If anyone can figure this problem out it will be greatly appreciated.
>
> "vampchick21" wrote:
>
> > Here's the situation.
> >
> > We purchased a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. After the
> > Daylight Savings time change, the CD/DVD driver developed an error code 10.
> > Some investigation, and I uninstalled it through Device Manager and then did
> > a recovery and everything was dandy.
> >
> > Last night, it happened again. Code 10 and no recognizing the drive. Once
> > again I go through exactly the same motions. Nothing. Again. Nothing.
> > Again. Nothing.
> >
> > What the heck do I do now? (I'm also suspecting that iTunes might be part
> > of the problem, as prior to both instances, I installed iTunes 7 on the
> > computer)

=?Utf-8?B?bWlsbGll?=

RE: Getting Error Code 10 in Device Manager for my CD/DVD drive
I have had the same error code with the dvd drives and ITunes is also on the
computer.
What is also strange is that I have a 5 x card reader and now it is only
showing 1 of the card reader drives instead of 5 and that is without ITunes
program on.

"vampchick21" wrote:

> Here's the situation.
>
> We purchased a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. After the
> Daylight Savings time change, the CD/DVD driver developed an error code 10.
> Some investigation, and I uninstalled it through Device Manager and then did
> a recovery and everything was dandy.
>
> Last night, it happened again. Code 10 and no recognizing the drive. Once
> again I go through exactly the same motions. Nothing. Again. Nothing.
> Again. Nothing.
>
> What the heck do I do now? (I'm also suspecting that iTunes might be part
> of the problem, as prior to both instances, I installed iTunes 7 on the
> computer)

=?Utf-8?B?dmFtcGNoaWNrMjE=?=

RE: Getting Error Code 10 in Device Manager for my CD/DVD drive
It was iTunes. For some very strange reason in Vista, when you install
iTunes it messes with the CD/DVD driver. Apparently there is no offical
version of iTunes for Vista just yet, although based on my reading of the
discussion forums for iTunes, Apple & Microsoft are working on it. I suppose
we iPod users will just have to approach the gates with our pitchforks and
torches to demand a version that isn't going to kill off our CD/DVD
driver....lol
=?Utf-8?B?SmVyZW15IFRheQ==?=

RE: Getting Error Code 10 in Device Manager for my CD/DVD drive
My current Situation is as such:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and
to see if there is a solution available.

as you have said that iTunes might be affecting it but is there an instant
remedy for the current siuation? I got only one dvd/cd rom drive and i need
to use it urgently

"vampchick21" wrote:

> It was iTunes. For some very strange reason in Vista, when you install
> iTunes it messes with the CD/DVD driver. Apparently there is no offical
> version of iTunes for Vista just yet, although based on my reading of the
> discussion forums for iTunes, Apple & Microsoft are working on it. I suppose
> we iPod users will just have to approach the gates with our pitchforks and
> torches to demand a version that isn't going to kill off our CD/DVD
> driver....lol

george@george-williams.net

Re: Getting Error Code 10 in Device Manager for my CD/DVD drive
I find it strange that this is all happening about the same time. I
just started getting the dreaded code 10 error message this afternoon.
It is also affecting my cdrom drive. I also noticed the that windows
burn cd selection has disappeared as well. My DVD work like it should,
but my cdrom will not start. I have Itunes installed, but have not
used it in a while. Let's hope someone get this one resolved soon.

=?Utf-8?B?d29ybGRhbmQxMnJvc2Vz?=

Re: Getting Error Code 10 in Device Manager for my CD/DVD drive
Uninstalling iTunes will solve the problem.
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9rZXI=?=

Re: Getting Error Code 10 in Device Manager for my CD/DVD drive
Hi,

I will try this and hopefully it works.

I just hope ITunes/Microsoft will be able to solve this quickly.

Thanks all for your help.

"worldand12roses" wrote:

> Uninstalling iTunes will solve the problem.

george@george-williams.net

Re: Getting Error Code 10 in Device Manager for my CD/DVD drive
Hi All, Just wanted to confirm that ITunes is the problem. I did the
uninstall of ITuens and got my Cd Drive back and it is working as it
ought. Many Thanks for the suggestion and help.