Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Headset/Mic Combo Isn't Recognized

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2008
KellySH
 

Posts: n/a
Headset/Mic Combo Isn't Recognized
I have a basic Logitech headset/mic combo. The kind with the pink & black
plugs that plug directly into the jacks on the front of the pc. I don't know
if they aren't being recognized or what because sound is still coming out of
the speakers and when I look in the control panel under my sound devices for
the headset and mic neither one shows as plugged in and the option to
configure them is not available.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2008
Bob
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Headset/Mic Combo Isn't Recognized

Reboot with the Logitech headset/mic combo plugged in.
-------
*Report back, please*

"KellySH" <KellySH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1C0461E8-F490-4E84-9380-50DCD09D9A4C@microsoft.com...
>I have a basic Logitech headset/mic combo. The kind with the pink & black
> plugs that plug directly into the jacks on the front of the pc. I don't
> know
> if they aren't being recognized or what because sound is still coming out
> of
> the speakers and when I look in the control panel under my sound devices
> for
> the headset and mic neither one shows as plugged in and the option to
> configure them is not available.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2008
KellySH
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Headset/Mic Combo Isn't Recognized
That didn't seem to help. I did though install drivers from the drivers &
utilities disk that came with the pc and that seemed to help somewhat. The
sound device went from "Microsoft High Definition Audio" to Realtek and at
least now I am able to use the headset when it's plugged into the rear jacks
and the mic works when I try to set it up using the Speech Recognition setup
wizard. Now it seems my only real issue is that I'm unable to use the front
jacks which is more practical for my use. This is just really frustrating
seeing how this is a brand new computer that I got only yesterday.

"Bob" wrote:

>
> Reboot with the Logitech headset/mic combo plugged in.
> -------
> *Report back, please*
>
> "KellySH" <KellySH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:1C0461E8-F490-4E84-9380-50DCD09D9A4C@microsoft.com...
> >I have a basic Logitech headset/mic combo. The kind with the pink & black
> > plugs that plug directly into the jacks on the front of the pc. I don't
> > know
> > if they aren't being recognized or what because sound is still coming out
> > of
> > the speakers and when I look in the control panel under my sound devices
> > for
> > the headset and mic neither one shows as plugged in and the option to
> > configure them is not available.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2008
Bob
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Headset/Mic Combo Isn't Recognized
Check your system specs.
Possibly the front jacks are for an additional sound card.
-------
*Report back, please*


"KellySH" <KellySH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:855B5F29-6FFC-4F8C-9EDB-8733AF8A738E@microsoft.com...
> That didn't seem to help. I did though install drivers from the drivers &
> utilities disk that came with the pc and that seemed to help somewhat. The
> sound device went from "Microsoft High Definition Audio" to Realtek and at
> least now I am able to use the headset when it's plugged into the rear
> jacks
> and the mic works when I try to set it up using the Speech Recognition
> setup
> wizard. Now it seems my only real issue is that I'm unable to use the
> front
> jacks which is more practical for my use. This is just really frustrating
> seeing how this is a brand new computer that I got only yesterday.
>
> "Bob" wrote:
>
>>
>> Reboot with the Logitech headset/mic combo plugged in.
>> -------
>> *Report back, please*
>>
>> "KellySH" <KellySH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:1C0461E8-F490-4E84-9380-50DCD09D9A4C@microsoft.com...
>> >I have a basic Logitech headset/mic combo. The kind with the pink &
>> >black
>> > plugs that plug directly into the jacks on the front of the pc. I don't
>> > know
>> > if they aren't being recognized or what because sound is still coming
>> > out
>> > of
>> > the speakers and when I look in the control panel under my sound
>> > devices
>> > for
>> > the headset and mic neither one shows as plugged in and the option to
>> > configure them is not available.

>>
>>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Drive Combo Socket G:? werefrog microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 09-17-2009 16:21
Zero-Day Hits IE-Firefox Combo Steve Security News 0 07-10-2007 20:40
ATi 650 combo tuner hotfix Matt Hawk microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 24 06-13-2007 18:35




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:48.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120