HP dvd1040d does not work properly

DToquothty

HP dvd1040d does not work properly
the drive shows up in device manager and will open some disks with pictures
on them or music cd's and even play some dvds but if I put a game cd in the
drive just spins eventually will show on my computer what disk is in there
but will not install or run the game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the
drive and still does not work. in device manager under the general tab
status says working properly but that windows did not start a related device
driver to click details to learn more. deatails shows
C:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys and
C:\windows\system32\drivers\gearaspiwdm.sys with the gear as not checked or
started.
BigJim

Re: HP dvd1040d does not work properly
not all games are compatible with Vista
"DToquothty" <DToquothty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the drive shows up in device manager and will open some disks with
> pictures
> on them or music cd's and even play some dvds but if I put a game cd in
> the
> drive just spins eventually will show on my computer what disk is in there
> but will not install or run the game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
> the
> drive and still does not work. in device manager under the general tab
> status says working properly but that windows did not start a related
> device
> driver to click details to learn more. deatails shows
> C:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys and
> C:\windows\system32\drivers\gearaspiwdm.sys with the gear as not checked
> or
> started.

DToquothty

Re: HP dvd1040d does not work properly
If I take a drive from another computer and put it in and install the game it
works fine with that drive and the games or other programs that do not work
on the hp drive all will do this but I have to replace the second drive in
its own tower so I can't just use it instead.