PRODUCT KEY FOR MICROSIFT OFFICE 2000 SMALL BUSINESS

rde

PRODUCT KEY FOR MICROSIFT OFFICE 2000 SMALL BUSINESS
I have lost my product key; is there any possibility of recovering it?
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: PRODUCT KEY FOR MICROSIFT OFFICE 2000 SMALL BUSINESS
Recover it from where???

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

I have lost my product key; is there any possibility of recovering it?
RJB

Re: PRODUCT KEY FOR MICROSIFT OFFICE 2000 SMALL BUSINESS
Contact Microsoft, I'm sure they can assist you..

--
RJB

"rde" <rde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have lost my product key; is there any possibility of recovering it?

Colin Barnhorst

Re: PRODUCT KEY FOR MICROSIFT OFFICE 2000 SMALL BUSINESS
If it is installed on your computer you can use Keyfinder to retrieve it.
If it is not installed anywhere then you need to contact MS.

"rde" <rde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have lost my product key; is there any possibility of recovering it?

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: PRODUCT KEY FOR MICROSIFT OFFICE 2000 SMALL BUSINESS
"rde" <rde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have lost my product key; is there any possibility of recovering it?

Unless you can find the original packaging, I doubt it. The MS Office 2000
key code is not stored on the computer. The best you will find on the
computer is the product ID which will not enable you to re-install it...

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Jon Pope

Re: PRODUCT KEY FOR MICROSIFT OFFICE 2000 SMALL BUSINESS
well if the computer is up and running u can ran www.belarc.com and it
gives u all ino on computer and product keys
"Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@remove_mvps.com> wrote in message
> "rde" <rde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have lost my product key; is there any possibility of recovering it?

> Unless you can find the original packaging, I doubt it. The MS Office 2000
> key code is not stored on the computer. The best you will find on the
> computer is the product ID which will not enable you to re-install it...
>

> --
> Mike Hall - MVP
> How to construct a good post..
> http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
> How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
> Mike's Window - My Blog..

Mike Hall - MVP

"Jon Pope" <mrjonpope@cox.net> wrote in message
> well if the computer is up and running u can ran www.belarc.com and it
> gives u all ino on computer and product keys
> "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@remove_mvps.com> wrote in message
>> "rde" <rde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I have lost my product key; is there any possibility of recovering it?

>> Unless you can find the original packaging, I doubt it. The MS Office
>> 2000 key code is not stored on the computer. The best you will find on
>> the computer is the product ID which will not enable you to re-install
>> it...
>>

>> --
>> Mike Hall - MVP
>> How to construct a good post..
>> http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
>> How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
>> Mike's Window - My Blog..
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx

Except for MS Office 2000 which does NOT store the key code on the
computer...

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Jon Pope

Re: PRODUCT KEY FOR MICROSIFT OFFICE 2000 SMALL BUSINESS
WELL I JUST CHECKED MINE THE PRODUCT KEY WAS THERE WITH THE BELARC SCAN

> "Jon Pope" <mrjonpope@cox.net> wrote in message
>> well if the computer is up and running u can ran www.belarc.com and it
>> gives u all ino on computer and product keys
>> "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@remove_mvps.com> wrote in message
>>> "rde" <rde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> Unless you can find the original packaging, I doubt it. The MS Office
>>> 2000 key code is not stored on the computer. The best you will find on
>>> the computer is the product ID which will not enable you to re-install
>>> it...
>>>

>>> --
>>> Mike Hall - MVP
>>> How to construct a good post..
>>> http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
>>> How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
>>> Mike's Window - My Blog..
>>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx
>>>

> Except for MS Office 2000 which does NOT store the key code on the
> computer...
>
> --
> Mike Hall - MVP
> How to construct a good post..
> http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
> How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
> Mike's Window - My Blog..

Mike Hall - MVP

news5A29247-9420-48CA-BC79-B269E081DA1D@microsoft.com...
> WELL I JUST CHECKED MINE THE PRODUCT KEY WAS THERE WITH THE BELARC SCAN
>

> "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@remove_mvps.com> wrote in message
>> "Jon Pope" <mrjonpope@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> well if the computer is up and running u can ran www.belarc.com and it
>>> gives u all ino on computer and product keys
>>> "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@remove_mvps.com> wrote in message

>> Except for MS Office 2000 which does NOT store the key code on the
>> computer...
>>
>> --
>> Mike Hall - MVP
>> How to construct a good post..
>> http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
>> How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
>> Mike's Window - My Blog..
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx

Are you sure that it is the key code and not just the product ID?

Does it show 5 blocks of 5 characters, or does it appear differently?

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

FeMaster

> "Jon Pope" <mrjonpope@cox.net> wrote in message
> news5A29247-9420-48CA-BC79-B269E081DA1D@microsoft.com...
>> WELL I JUST CHECKED MINE THE PRODUCT KEY WAS THERE WITH THE BELARC SCAN
>>

>> "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@remove_mvps.com> wrote in message
>>> "Jon Pope" <mrjonpope@cox.net> wrote in message

>>> Except for MS Office 2000 which does NOT store the key code on the
>>> computer...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mike Hall - MVP
>>> How to construct a good post..
>>> http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
>>> How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
>>> Mike's Window - My Blog..
>>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx
>>>

> Are you sure that it is the key code and not just the product ID?
>
> Does it show 5 blocks of 5 characters, or does it appear differently?

I've always heard that it was Office '97 that nothing could retrieve the key
for... I no longer have Office 2000 installed, so I can't verify the other
posters claim. Of course, Office '97 was easy to just "create" a key for by
using a bunch of 1's and randomly trying other numbers in one of the
positions (5th position maybe?).