Found new hardware

likelylad650

Found new hardware
For the past three months, everytime I log on I get the found new hardware
pop up which states it is installing a driver for unknown device. When I go
to device manager I find that I have unknown devices with yellow exclamation
marks next to them. They are listed under network adapters and I now have 64
of them listed. Whilst I can disable them I cannot uninstall them. When I
chose the option to install the driver it comes back with driver found but
error on installation as file could not be found. It also shows that the
Device is the Microsoft Isatap Adapter which is a protocol device to do with
6 to 4 linking with other computers on the internet etc. When I look at
details under properties it shows the 'value' as *ISATAP.
Microsoft have published an article stating that this item showing a yellow
mark is nothing to worry about as it is actually working properly. However it
is a problem as the initial istallation at log on seriously slows down the
computer start up plus it is extremely annoying.
My system was on Windows XP media but came with a free update to Vista Home
premium which I did 12 months ago. This problem only started before Xmas
2007.
Hope someone can help. Bill
Pavel A.

Re: Found new hardware
"likelylad650" <likelylad650@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For the past three months, everytime I log on I get the found new hardware
> pop up which states it is installing a driver for unknown device. When I
> go
> to device manager I find that I have unknown devices with yellow
> exclamation
> marks next to them. They are listed under network adapters and I now have
> 64
> of them listed. Whilst I can disable them I cannot uninstall them. When I
> chose the option to install the driver it comes back with driver found but
> error on installation as file could not be found. It also shows that the
> Device is the Microsoft Isatap Adapter which is a protocol device to do
> with
> 6 to 4 linking with other computers on the internet etc. When I look at
> details under properties it shows the 'value' as *ISATAP.
> Microsoft have published an article stating that this item showing a
> yellow
> mark is nothing to worry about as it is actually working properly. However
> it
> is a problem as the initial istallation at log on seriously slows down the
> computer start up plus it is extremely annoying.
> My system was on Windows XP media but came with a free update to Vista
> premium which I did 12 months ago. This problem only started before Xmas
> 2007.
> Hope someone can help. Bill

this may be a sign that something wrong goes with your physical netcard
(it does not register on every boot so drivers in it's protocol stack become
confused).

--PA