My USB PORTS are not recognizing any usb flash devices

Benjamin

My USB PORTS are not recognizing any usb flash devices
My USB ports are not recognizing any ubs flash devices, I think I must have
deleted something I am not suppose to, mistakenly when I was trying to clean
up my hard disk.... I am still able to install my Motorola V3r driver and
charge my phone with the usb ports, but it cannot recognize any flash drives.
Any help will be greatly appreciated...
I am using a Toshiba satellite A200-1RK, running on Vista. I called toshiba
once, and the person that answered told me to uninstall the usb hubs and
restart the computer, but before he could finish talking I ran out of credit.
HELP! HELP!! HELP!!! my computer is almost useless..............

Thank you.....
Jim

Re: My USB PORTS are not recognizing any usb flash devices
Uninstall SP1

"Benjamin" <Benjamin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My USB ports are not recognizing any ubs flash devices, I think I must
> have
> deleted something I am not suppose to, mistakenly when I was trying to
> clean
> up my hard disk.... I am still able to install my Motorola V3r driver and
> charge my phone with the usb ports, but it cannot recognize any flash
> drives.
> Any help will be greatly appreciated...
> I am using a Toshiba satellite A200-1RK, running on Vista. I called
> toshiba
> once, and the person that answered told me to uninstall the usb hubs and
> restart the computer, but before he could finish talking I ran out of
> credit.
> HELP! HELP!! HELP!!! my computer is almost useless..............
>
> Thank you.....

Benjamin

Re: My USB PORTS are not recognizing any usb flash devices
I don't have SP1 on my computer, I have also tried installing the SP1 when it
came up in the windows update, it did not install. I tried downloading and
installing it, it does d same thing: it gets to 18% of stage 1 of 3, and
reverts changes, it has neva installed completely........

Jim thanx 4 ur reply, I rili appreciate it, but if u hav any more ideas, I
would be very grateful........than once again.

Still need HELP!!!!!!!!

"Jim" wrote:

> Uninstall SP1
>
> "Benjamin" <Benjamin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My USB ports are not recognizing any ubs flash devices, I think I must
> > have
> > deleted something I am not suppose to, mistakenly when I was trying to
> > clean
> > up my hard disk.... I am still able to install my Motorola V3r driver and
> > charge my phone with the usb ports, but it cannot recognize any flash
> > drives.
> > Any help will be greatly appreciated...
> > I am using a Toshiba satellite A200-1RK, running on Vista. I called
> > toshiba
> > once, and the person that answered told me to uninstall the usb hubs and
> > restart the computer, but before he could finish talking I ran out of
> > credit.
> > HELP! HELP!! HELP!!! my computer is almost useless..............
> >
> > Thank you.....

Jon Pope

Re: My USB PORTS are not recognizing any usb flash devices
RUN UNDER CMD prompt sfc/scannow that will show errors or corupt files on
the drive it happened to me 3 times all 3 of my drives were bad lol

>I don't have SP1 on my computer, I have also tried installing the SP1 when
>it
> came up in the windows update, it did not install. I tried downloading and
> installing it, it does d same thing: it gets to 18% of stage 1 of 3, and
> reverts changes, it has neva installed completely........
>
> Jim thanx 4 ur reply, I rili appreciate it, but if u hav any more ideas, I
> would be very grateful........than once again.
>
> Still need HELP!!!!!!!!
>
> "Jim" wrote:
>
>> Uninstall SP1
>>
>> "Benjamin" <Benjamin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My USB ports are not recognizing any ubs flash devices, I think I must
>> > have
>> > deleted something I am not suppose to, mistakenly when I was trying to
>> > clean
>> > up my hard disk.... I am still able to install my Motorola V3r driver
>> > and
>> > charge my phone with the usb ports, but it cannot recognize any flash
>> > drives.
>> > Any help will be greatly appreciated...
>> > I am using a Toshiba satellite A200-1RK, running on Vista. I called
>> > toshiba
>> > once, and the person that answered told me to uninstall the usb hubs
>> > and
>> > restart the computer, but before he could finish talking I ran out of
>> > credit.
>> > HELP! HELP!! HELP!!! my computer is almost useless..............
>> >
>> > Thank you.....

Rich T

Re: My USB PORTS are not recognizing any usb flash devices
Vista has major problems with USB. Google and you will see thousands of
people suffering similar problems. Microsoft just do not seem able to fix
the USB problems in Vista

Benjamin

Re: My USB PORTS are not recognizing any usb flash devices
I hav run the sfc/scannow command in the CMD on my computer and my mate's
computer I got d same result:
"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but w
as unable to fix some of them.
Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log"

I jus got an iPod and its givin d same result, as "windows cannot install
the driver for ur device". I cannot transfer music from my itunes to my ipod
now....

Urgent help is needed!!!

"Rich T" wrote:

> Vista has major problems with USB. Google and you will see thousands of
> people suffering similar problems. Microsoft just do not seem able to fix
> the USB problems in Vista

Benjamin

Re: My USB PORTS are not recognizing any usb flash devices
I hav run the command on my computer and my mate's computer I got d same

"Jon Pope" wrote:

> RUN UNDER CMD prompt sfc/scannow that will show errors or corupt files on
> the drive it happened to me 3 times all 3 of my drives were bad lol
>

> "Benjamin" <Benjamin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I don't have SP1 on my computer, I have also tried installing the SP1 when
> >it
> > came up in the windows update, it did not install. I tried downloading and
> > installing it, it does d same thing: it gets to 18% of stage 1 of 3, and
> > reverts changes, it has neva installed completely........
> >
> > Jim thanx 4 ur reply, I rili appreciate it, but if u hav any more ideas, I
> > would be very grateful........than once again.
> >
> > Still need HELP!!!!!!!!
> >
> > "Jim" wrote:
> >
> >> Uninstall SP1

Fred Anbee

"Benjamin" wrote:

> My USB ports are not recognizing any ubs flash devices,

Hi Benjamin,
I had the same problem. In my case the files usbstore.inf and usbstore.pnf
were missing in my \windows\inf directory.
I made a subdirectory in \windows\inf called usbstorage. I copyed this two
files from a XP machine and also COPYED usbstore.sys from
\windows\system32\drivers (thus the vista version)
After this I plugged in my MP3 player and it worked!! Also my navigation
device and my foto camera.
If you're also missing this two files, try this.

Benjamin

"Fred Anbee" wrote:

> > My USB ports are not recognizing any ubs flash devices,

> Hi Benjamin,
> I had the same problem. In my case the files usbstore.inf and usbstore.pnf
> were missing in my \windows\inf directory.
> I made a subdirectory in \windows\inf called usbstorage. I copyed this two
> files from a XP machine and also COPYED usbstore.sys from
> \windows\system32\drivers (thus the vista version)
> After this I plugged in my MP3 player and it worked!! Also my navigation
> device and my foto camera.
> If you're also missing this two files, try this.

Hey Fred, thanx alot, I hav a feelin this has partially solved my problem, I
am able to partially install my printer, it works somehow tho..... but my
iPod, my flash drive, a sandisk Titanium 2GB cruzer, still doesn't work....I
read d help in device manager on how to "Configure Windows to Search
Additional Folders for Device Drivers", it directs me to DevicePath in the
registry key"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version",
but there is no such folder as DevicePath in that registry key....

The Found New Hardware report has changed from "windows cannot find the
software for your device" to "windows found the software for your device, but
encountered an error while installing your device". The problem and solutions
report keeps tellin me to upgrade my vista KB940199, but evrytime I try it,
it keeps telling me "this update does not apply to your system". What else do
u fink I can do, thanx for ur earlier reply, it really gave me hope....
Jorge pena

My USB PORTS are not recognizing any usb flash devices
If your USB device is listed on the device manager/Disk Drives, you could change the driver letter and path under disk management. It worked for me...