Microsoft Fingerprint reader no longer works

Rich T

Microsoft Fingerprint reader no longer works
My Microsoft Fingerprint reader has recently stopped working. I have tried
reinstalling drivers and software. The reader is illuminated, and shows as
connected and working properly in device manager, but when I touch it
nothing happens. Can anybody suggest what to try?

norman.vezey@bluebottle.com

Re: Microsoft Fingerprint reader no longer works
On Apr 6, 6:12*pm, "Rich T" <nob...@nobody.com> wrote:
> My Microsoft Fingerprint reader has recently stopped working. I have tried
> reinstalling drivers and software. The reader is illuminated, and shows as
> connected and working properly in device manager, but when I touch it
> nothing happens. Can anybody suggest what to try?

That's really strange, so has mine. I get the tone and the animation
showing the litle green connect arrow as normal, but nothing actually
happens - no logon etc.
Rich T

Re: Microsoft Fingerprint reader no longer works

That's really strange, so has mine. I get the tone and the animation
showing the litle green connect arrow as normal, but nothing actually
happens - no logon etc.

Seems that a lot of people are suddenly having this problem.

As usual, no hint of a response from Microsoft...
David Vair

Re: Microsoft Fingerprint reader no longer works
Since going to Vista it seems that my logon in process is much slower than
in XP. All my logons still work though much, much slower. It also seems
that many secure sites open much slower in Vista, so I am wondering if this
is contributing to the slow down in the whole process of logging on with the
reader.
--
David Vair
CNE,CNA,MCP,A+,N+

"Rich T" <nobody@nobody.com> wrote in message

> That's really strange, so has mine. I get the tone and the animation
> showing the litle green connect arrow as normal, but nothing actually
> happens - no logon etc.
>
> Seems that a lot of people are suddenly having this problem.
>
> As usual, no hint of a response from Microsoft...

Art Nadelman

Re: Microsoft Fingerprint reader no longer works
I've had a problem with my MS Fingerprint reader, too and am wondering if
anyone else has had this problem. Something in the software or driver
causes Windows Explorer and on occasion, IE7 to crash and restart. I can
attribute this to the reader because when I first ran into these problems, I
decided to uninstall the reader software and the problems went away totally.
When I reinstalled it, the problems returned. I uninstalled again, and no
more problems. Now I'm running without the reader.

Has anyone else had these problems?

Art Nadelman